AxeFX3 as Audiointerface: Better Core Audio enabled or not?

zappafranco

Inspired
I never paid attention to this, but it makes a difference in latency when you are using the AxeFX3 as an Audiointerface wether Core Audio is enabled or not.
On my iMac with Logic Pro for example with buffer size 128 you get 11,6 ms Roundtrip Latency with Core Audio enabled, without Core Audio you get only 5,8 ms.
I know that certain things might have been discussed to death here, but this leads one more time to the question or problem of the recording predelay because it has been officially advised here that one should use the recording predelay because it seems that the Axe can not report the correct latency to enable Logic for automatic latency compensation. Or maybe the Axe would be but Logic is not able... Anyway: Would it make sense to not enable Core Audio? Would that mean in the best case that we have less latency and maybe also that Logic could automatically compensate the latency or is it completely the opposite?
Just one more thing if anybody who reads this also ownes a Focusrite Starlet 18i20 3d generation: Do you feel the need with the Scarlett to use prerecording delay or is everything fine without ever touching it? ;)

Last edited:
You turned off Core Audio, then tried to use an AxeFX III as an audio interface with Logic Pro? How well did that work out for you? :)

You turned off Core Audio, then tried to use an AxeFX III as an audio interface with Logic Pro? How well did that work out for you? :)
I did not really try it. I just turned it off. I think in another occasion you asked my why I would like to displace the AxeFX3 as an Audiointerface. Well, now I have the Scarlet and I use it to record keyboard parts and I like the Focusrite Control Software for Monitoring, but I think I will continue to record guitar parts with the AxeFX3 as Audiointerface.

Back
Top Bottom