AXEFX XLII+ cable route to monitors

JoeCool

AXEFX XLII+ cable route to monitors? Can someone please advise.
I currently have a Scarlett Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen and the Line Outputs of this feed my monitors. I use my Scarlett USB to my Mac computer to listen to mp3s, via the Inputs on the interface. To use the AXEFX via the monitors, I take Output 1 Balanced (XLR), 1 cable or 2? and can this go to the front of the 2i2 at the Mic input(there's 2 on the front panel of 2i2 (i know these are meant for microphones) OR do i need 2 cables from the AXE Balanced for stereo obviously, but can 1 do the job (mono, I'm guessing)?

That should work! for a stereo hook up, XLR out Axe OP/1 to XLR in SiS then run an instrument cable from OP/1 1/4" out to to INS in on the SiS and adjust the gain stage for the differences if any.

That should work! for a stereo hook up, XLR out Axe OP/1 to XLR in SiS then run an instrument cable from OP/1 1/4" out to to INS in on the SiS and adjust the gain stage for the differences if any.
thanks man, done now I have a new question... I have the new Mesa Badlander which has built in CabClone, if I want to hear the 8 presets of cabs, where do I or should I say how do I connect this up? From Cabclone to ? As I want to still hear the sounds via my 4x12 cabinet, just that the Badlander has 8 variations of cabinets. Can you please recommend . Thanks

Sorry for the slow response I was on vacation!

Not familiar with that amp, I did go look at a demo of it on the Mesa site... Cool amp! Take this with a grain of salt but It looks as if you will have to connect it up to your SiS "direct" or an FR monitor in order to hear the different I/R cab sounds from the Mesa. This however does not mean you get to use the I/R's through a guitar cab, it would be either or in conjunction with a cab.

Back
Top Bottom