Axefx-recording with backing tracks

You're welcome. I didn't describe OBS functionality. I gave credit to smittefar as that may be a solution.

Regarding Guitar Pro, it does work as I described.

Worst case, if you don't want to or can't seem to configure your setup. First, just record the audio file using GP into the daw using USB 1/2 default...bounce the recording to another channel. Now record using fractal against the daw recording while recording the new track. You're just not playing to the song from your GP software, it's playing from your DAW...then record the guitar track.

I use Windows, but I don't use Fractal USB for audio. USB is only used for Axe Edit.

Yes, alternatively guitar pro can help you export audio as well.

I play long, varied and elaborate pieces and I need reference notations to play along with the backing track to give me an indication of or a reminder of what was played in the section. (tend to wander lol)

I’m playing along to the backing track(it’s mixed and synced along with guitar pro, the kind you find in official releases or in YouTube),
I was hoping that I could record my guitar in one track and the backing tracks sans the guitar in another which are synced up.
Right now either I can
1. Record the guitar plus backing track both into one track using whatever I understand of voicemeter.
2. Record only the guitar and DI parts and manually load the backing track in a separate track and since it up but it doesn’t give an accurate view of how I sound when playing it impromptu.

I apologize if I have not been able to explain myself clearly and thanks to everyone who took the time.

Back
Top Bottom