Axefx MFC and a midi controllable amp ?s

Justin

I want to try this for fun. Guitar>Suhr pt100 SE (midi switchable amp)>two notes torpedo live (cab sim)>AxeFxII>FOH. I want to use the MFC to control the axefx and switch channels on the amp using scenes. Is this possible? I know the routing will work I just don't know about the midi amp switching. I know the midi settings the amp uses. But do I set the midi up in the Axe per scene? Or in the MFC? And how? Thanks for any input/instruction.

my best guess
the Axe is mIDI channel 1 by default
set the amp to MIDI channel 2

the MFC can assign two commands per IA switch [when the IA is set to type='none']
cmnd1, MIDI ch1 = CC 34 and the value for the scene you want
cmnd2, MIDI ch2 = PGM and the preset number for the amps channel [or CC is the amp changes channel via a CC number and value]
repeat the above on other IA switches to call up the desired scene / amp channel

cables:
MFC MIDI out --> Axe MIDI in
Axe MIDI out/thru --> amp MIDI in

in the Axe I/O: MIDI page, set MIDI THRU = on

I guess you can't use the Ethernet cable between the axe and mfc and go midi from axe to amp? If not I need to power the mfc with the power adapter.

I did this at one point for fun with a pair of Marshall 30th Anniversary full stacks (both are midi amps) and the 4cm on my Axe FXII - worked perfectly!

Back
Top Bottom