Axefx iphone guitar app

Wow... my 3G would probably explode. I still don't get how these works since iPhone doesn't have an input. And... iPhone sound quality is joint stereo like 128kbps.

Clark Kent said:
Wow... my 3G would probably explode. I still don't get how these works since iPhone doesn't have an input. And... iPhone sound quality is joint stereo like 128kbps.

One example!

I just ordered the irig a few days ago, as my "backup rig"... Just in case... Cuz my iPhone is always with me, & I can't afford 2 Ultras...

But I WISH I could get an AxeFX mobile version for iPhone &/or iPad... & a controller/AxeEdit app for both as well !!

This would actually be doable with the Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer. They have a framework for working with MIDI and the new iOS SDK has the makings of a MIDI framework. I haven't dived deep into either it yet but their are two methods of working with MIDI now. The Apple provisions may not be best suited for this as you would need to use their connector. The Line6 stuff is probably better suited for it.

Since Axe-edit uses MIDI to communicate it would be 'easy' to do. Now easy is a relative term and I use it loosely but the ability is there. The missing link is understanding how Axe-Edit communicates with the Axe to be able to control all the parameters.

If nothing else I would like to write an iPhone app that allowed me change an amps main controls directly. Just as an exercise if nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom