AxeFX III Turbo incoming

Metaddict

I haven´t been active for quite some time but tried to be informed for all new Software and Hardwareupgrades (really excited to hear the Klon and all the Amps). So i was online regularly.
Really excited to receive the AxeFx III Turbo in the next couple days. Over quite some time i was thinking what Unit i should get and decided the AxeFx III is the way to go.
Since it was only the Turbo avaible i pulled the trigger and ordered it.
Can´t wait to hear this thing and to mess with everything around. Especially with the Diezel VH4 ( i own mine since 2010, also a Roland JC Amp).
Gonna read the manual over the weekend :cool:

Yesterday i received the AxeFx. Set everything up and started testing. While playing and trying out a lot of the presets one question came to mind:

WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG TO GET ONE OF THESE???

Now i know and understand how and why all of you say so many great things about these units. Just amazing

Yesterday i received the AxeFx. Set everything up and started testing. While playing and trying out a lot of the presets one question came to mind:

WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG TO GET ONE OF THESE???

Now i know and understand how and why all of you say so many great things about these units. Just amazing

I didn't think it would replace amps. I got an FM3 and within 6 months got the Axe III. It is truly a quality product and exceeds expectations!

I didn't think it would replace amps. I got an FM3 and within 6 months got the Axe III. It is truly a quality product and exceeds expectations!
I'm down to an old 65 Deluxe Reverb and an old LabSeries L7 that never get turned on anymore, sold the rest off. I also went from a FM3 to III MkII Turbo...heaven. My biggest jump was from Line6 PODxt into Carvin TS-100, into two 2X12 cabs to FM3 into Mission Engineering Gemini II...talk about different!

I'm down to an old 65 Deluxe Reverb and an old LabSeries L7 that never get turned on anymore, sold the rest off. I also went from a FM3 to III MkII Turbo...heaven. My biggest jump was from Line6 PODxt into Carvin TS-100, into two 2X12 cabs to FM3 into Mission Engineering Gemini II...talk about different!
I had read a ton of stuff about the fractal, some of the owner's manual for the fm3, but I still couldn't believe it when I got it. Just going into JBL 5inch monitors. I recorded it and reamped, played with that, stellar recordings. Now I'm using Axe III into Friedman FRFR on output 1 w/ Matrix on output 2 going to Celestion F12-X200 speaker cabs. It sounds so good everyone is asking me about it, guys I jam with are like "wow". Around here everyone was like yeah "Fractals are okay if you dial them in right". Ok, that's fine and I see why and understand the love of your awesome tube amps. They are still getting along fine. Guitar players and musicians can be hard to figure out sometimes. I don't argue with anyone about it. Usually when they ask about a tone I'm getting I show them how the preset or how I dialed in one of my presets, their eyes glaze over and they just want to get away. Like when I talk about programming or databases & coding for work... and that's showing them on the nice iPad. If I show them from the unit I think they might pass out.

As i mentioned in my first Post, i own a Diezel VH4 since 2010, played countless on it (at Home, Rehearsal, Live), so im pretts familiar with that Amp. I dont hear any difference. The feel is obviously different as i play through Studio Monitors at the moment but the sound by itself is like hearing my Amp and i even touched the EQ. I was just checking the Stock Presets. Some Amps even have that hiss like on the JVM presets. Its details like that

Back
Top Bottom