AxeFx II USB Direct to Logic Pro

I PM'd Mark Day and thought I would post his reply as it might help someone else.

Make sure you have installed the AxeFx2 Audio driver from the Fractal support website. Open Logic. Go to Preferences-Audio-make sure Input is AxeFx 2 Audio, if you using the AxeFx for monitoring and for computer sounds choose Axe2 audio for your Output device other wise choose Built In Audio.

Go to Settings-Audio-choose 48K. The AxeFx is 48Khz no choice. If you are listening through your built in Audio from the Mac you must also go to your Mac's Utility-Audio/Midi Settings and change your built in Audio to 48K.

Add a track and enable the recording, on the track choose Input 1/2 you should now hear the AxeFx. Input ch 3/4 on the AxeFx is the dry input for re-amping, choose these on other tracks if you wish to go back to re-amp later.

If you still do not hear anything check the AxeFx 2 wiki and make sure all the settings are correct for the USB portion of the unit.

USB communication and audio - Axe-Fx II Wiki

Hope this helps If not we can FaceTime tomorrow when I get to the studio.

Mark

Hey i followed the same procedure but there are no input signals on my Axefx2. I had it running before and it worked fine with logic pro. There is something that i have done in Axefx 2 input settings. Can anyone help?

But there should be input signals on axefx 2? When i play with analog input then the signaks are there. As soon as i switch it to usb there is nothing. Its communicating fine with the Axe edit as well. Its just that as soon as i switch it to usb i see no input.

When you connect your Axe II with USB, do you see the Axe FX option in Apple => System Preferences => Sound (input/output) option?

Make sure that in your Logic Audio Preferences, you have the output to be "core-audio" output and not AXE FX OUT, unless your running directly from the axe fx. I use Logic 9 on lion and always have the input set for AXE and output to my mixer for monitoring.

Back
Top Bottom