AxeFx II Strength

How strong is the case on the AxeFx II XL+? Would it support a 31lb head sitting on it without being in a rack case or would that not be a smart move?

How strong is the case on the AxeFx II XL+? Would it support a 31lb head sitting on it without being in a rack case or would that not be a smart move?

Well, if the weight is distributed to the corners via the feet under the head then it may not be an issue. If the weight is distributed toward the middle, no, I don't recommend it. I probably wouldn't chance it either way, though.

I think it would hold it, but a little cheap rack case is smarter.. save beating the crap out of your investment.

31 lbs is pretty light. Most cardboard boxes have ECTs over 20lbs. ECT = Edge Crush Test, the weight at which the structure buckles. I'd be pretty surprised if the Axe-Fx II had any issues with a 30lb head sitting on top with the weight distributed towards the edges.

usually it is recommended to put the heavy pieces on the bottom for stability. the head case is more then likely wood and will hold the light axe fx. if you buy an fx-8 or ax-8 you can just put them on the floor and stand on them!

Back
Top Bottom