AxeFX II Lottery

TubeAmpNut

Inspired
Why not have a lottery style drawing where people who signed up to be notified of availability will be randomly selected and given the opportunity to buy from the batch that day. If they pass on the opportunity they are removed from the list. This way people that can't sit on the store all day have a fair chance at getting a unit. Limit 1 of course!!

Why not have a lottery style drawing where people who signed up to be notified of availability will be randomly selected and given the opportunity to buy from the batch that day. If they pass on the opportunity they are removed from the list. This way people that can't sit on the store all day have a fair chance at getting a unit. Limit 1 of course!!

Why would they do that? They have a business to run, not a charity, and the easiest way to sell the units is the way they are currently doing it. I don't see any need for them to be "fair".

Why would they do that? They have a business to run, not a charity, and the easiest way to sell the units is the way they are currently doing it. I don't see any need for them to be "fair".

Why? At a minimum it would thin out the endless bickering and whining Polluting the forum. It would also have zero impact on sales. It would also prevent people from buying multiple units to scalp on ebay.

While it's a good idea from a consumer standpoint, it is a logistical nightmare for a business to accomplish.

Why? At a minimum it would thin out the endless bickering and whining Polluting the forum. It would also have zero impact on sales. It would also prevent people from buying multiple units to scalp on ebay.

It would have an impact on sales because instead of building new units they would be trying to coordinate a lottery. And I also don't think it would appease the bickering because FAS has said from day one that the units will be sold on a first come, first served basis, so the folks that can sit there and click the refresh button every 5 seconds would not be happy with what you propose.

It would have an impact on sales because instead of building new units they would be trying to coordinate a lottery. And I also don't think it would appease the bickering because FAS has said from day one that the units will be sold on a first come, first served basis, so the folks that can sit there and click the refresh button every 5 seconds would not be happy with what you propose.

It would take 5 minutes. But I guess the F5 junkies would still bitch.

It would take 5 minutes.

Five minutes to set up, publicize, and manage a lottery? Just moving to a merchant service that supports redemption codes would take a lot of work to set up and test. Plus there's the daily task of selecting winners, authorizing codes, etc. Some of that could be automated but writing and debugging the scripts would take some time as well. You'd need to manage the list so that multiple entries are culled out; actually you'd need a database to track who has been notified, who has used the their verification code, etc.

By the time you got all that working the backlog should be pretty much resolved.

All FA would have to do is set up a separate store and keep the URL from being public. I'll bet they already do this for the artists.

Five minutes to set up, publicize, and manage a lottery? Just moving to a merchant service that supports redemption codes would take a lot of work to set up and test. Plus there's the daily task of selecting winners, authorizing codes, etc. Some of that could be automated but writing and debugging the scripts would take some time as well. You'd need to manage the list so that multiple entries are culled out; actually you'd need a database to track who has been notified, who has used the their verification code, etc.

By the time you got all that working the backlog should be pretty much resolved.

You're making this way too hard. Everyone's email (everyone that signed up to be notified) can be randomly sorted in a spreadsheet. You copy the 20 or so for each day and paste all the address in an email notifying them they have 24 hours to make a purchase on the Yahoo store who's link is not publicly visible. The next day you randomly select another 20. If the url gets out, you change it. Easy to to and if you are only building 20 units a day it takes less than 1 minute to verify those 20 people actually wre on the list.

Took me longer to type the post than it would have to implement the list.

Or you could just stock your Yahoo store with as many as you can ship in a day and let them sell out. Repeat tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom