Axe2 and Ultra together, what would you do?

nexus

Inspired
Hi,
I have faced some price kicking here when trying to sell Ultra because I got Axe2.
It´s true that prices will go down, but I think that people will try to push it even more down when they realize that you have new unit and don´t need older anymore.
People here has got their Axe2 units now and played them a while, so they all are going to sell Ultras now, and some are so much in hurry with it.

What you Europeans think is the price for used mint Ultra now?

So my topic question, is there anyway to use Ultra with Axe2 or is this just nonsense idea?

If people will kick this price more, I will keep this unit for backup or just figure out how to use it...

Talk, thanks!

Sure I use the ultra with the II, but usually just end up using the II! Normally it goes in the fxl loop of the II.

I play 80-100 gigs a year so 've decided to keep my Ultra as a backup. I have 50-something patches that I use and these took weeks to get right in both units. I had to weigh up the price that I'd get for the Ultra v's the peace of mind that a reserve unit brings should my Axe II fail. Peace of mind won.

I've had the Axe II for three weeks and I'm still using my Ultra for gigs. I've had the Ultra for 2 1/2 years and it's setup perfect for what I do.

At home I have the Axe II in one side of a Fryette 2/50/2 and the Ultra in the other. Sounds superb! The Axe II sounds great but the Ultra sounds great, too.

The JTM45 patch is my central sound (I go cleaner and dirtier from there). I have not been able to get as good a JTM45 sound from the Axe II as the Ultra. In the Axe II it sounds more 'fendery' where the Ultra has a wonderful smokey, low-mid growl that I haven't been able to get from the Axe II yet. I really haven't gotten deep under the hood of the Axe II yet. There are some patches on the Axe II that are better right off. The AC15 and Trainwreck are sublime on the II.

So, I don't know if I'll sell the Ultra at all - ever. Right now it stands up to the Axe II on several counts. Having both just opens more doors and provides more variety.

Thanks for your answers guys!
Maybe I don´t sell my Ultra. Seems that people want to push down the price... I will tell them to go buy Pods then :)
Good point that backup unit and peace of mind!
Thanks

I play 80-100 gigs a year so 've decided to keep my Ultra as a backup. I have 50-something patches that I use and these took weeks to get right in both units. I had to weigh up the price that I'd get for the Ultra v's the peace of mind that a reserve unit brings should my Axe II fail. Peace of mind won.

This is exactly my view as well... thankfully I can' afford to keep the Ultra and having a good backup is priceless (for me).

Back
Top Bottom