Bug? Axe XLII+ completely freaked out

guitleft

NO idea what has happened here. I used my XLII+ for a jam Friday night, and everything worked fine. Turned it on Saturday and the mfc101 mark III says Timeout, and the axe is randomly scrolling through presets by itself. Feels like a ghost in the machine, messing with me. Any ideas or fix attempt suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike Carey

XL II+
mfc101 mark III
Matrix GT1000fx
Accugroove FRFR cab

Unplug the mfc and see if the xl stops changing presets. see if you have a stuck switch on the mfc. check cables.

Thanks for your suggestions. No switch problems that I could find. Tried a different ethernet cable, same result. It appears to be the mfc. When I unplugged it, the scrolling stopped. Trouble is though, no sound when mfc is unplugged. not sure what to try next. Thanks!

Most likely you are using expression pedals? And with the MFC unplugged the modifier for your volume control goes to zero.

Most likely you are using expression pedals? And with the MFC unplugged the modifier for your volume control goes to zero.
you are correct sir! ( 3 mission pedals) Might I bother you to ask how to reset without the mfc plugged in until I can get it fixed? I still want to use it until this gets figured out. BTW, looking to upgrade to what you have, the III and the fc12. Are you pleased with yours?(probably an obvious and dumb question) Thank You! Mike Carey

you are correct sir! ( 3 mission pedals) Might I bother you to ask how to reset without the mfc plugged in until I can get it fixed? I still want to use it until this gets figured out. BTW, looking to upgrade to what you have, the III and the fc12. Are you pleased with yours?(probably an obvious and dumb question) Thank You! Mike Carey
You can go into the global settings and set External Controller Init Value for the controllers you are using to whatever makes sense - either 0% or 100%. Default is 0% I think.

I'm very happy with the Axe Fx III and FC-12. ;)

Thanks for your help. I found a better solution. I ordered the III and fc12. Now I can reset this to factory, which I hope cleans it up. Best regards!

Back
Top Bottom