Axe with Superior Drummer

Anthony David

Experienced
If I don't get an answer here, I'll go to the Toontrack forums. Tried using SD with the axe today for the first time. I keep getting "failed to load audio driver,' when I select AxeFx2ASIO as my audio devise. I can only choose 'Axefx2 speakers.' The problem is, that I cannot for the life of me get Reaper to record. It tracks, I can see the input jump in the monitoring window when I hit a drum. Everything seems to be setup perfectly in Reaper. It just wont record. After a couple hours scouring the internet, I still have no answers, other than 'you need to use an ASIO driver.' Any advise on how to make this work?

You have to tell reaper to use the driver, assuming SD is set up and working.

Reaper has to see the Axe FX II driver in order for the Axe FX II to be your audio interface. Reinstall the latest Axe FX II driver. Then reboot the PC. Make sure you are using the latest version of the Reaper software. Make sure that the USB cable is plugged in good on both ends. Hope this helps...

Inside Reaper setup is a driver selection area. At least thats how it works with other host software... Its listed probably in the audio tab somewhere in preferences...

Inside Reaper setup is a driver selection area. At least thats how it works with other host software... Its listed probably in the audio tab somewhere in preferences...

Ok I see what you are talking about now, retard moment, I already knew about this. Axe is always my Reaper driver, it still is. Anything else that can cause this?

I believe you have to use SD as an instrument track, your Ins and Outputs to your axe. That's how i use it with Pro Tools

Last edited:
Make sure the track is armed. Also, right click the button you use to arm the track and check off monitor input. Are you using a v-drum kit?

I can't see what sup drummer has to do with this.
I suppose you are recording your audio tracks in reaper.

If I don't get an answer here, I'll go to the Toontrack forums. Tried using SD with the axe today for the first time. I keep getting "failed to load audio driver,' when I select AxeFx2ASIO as my audio devise. I can only choose 'Axefx2 speakers.' The problem is, that I cannot for the life of me get Reaper to record. It tracks, I can see the input jump in the monitoring window when I hit a drum. Everything seems to be setup perfectly in Reaper. It just wont record. After a couple hours scouring the internet, I still have no answers, other than 'you need to use an ASIO driver.' Any advise on how to make this work?

I just started programming drums in Reaper and had to figure out the same issue with the monitor input.

Back
Top Bottom