Axe through two heads?

steve_k

Inspired
Guys:

Just got my Axe and having a nut with it...I am using a 4CM through the VH4's power end just to mess around with it and get some EQ dialed in.

Then, I had a brain fart :idea: :eek: ?

As I have a VH4 and an Uberschall in a road case, I was wondering could I use the Left inputs/outputs through one head and the Right inputs/outputs through the other head....each with their own cab of course? I was trying to think of a reason why not, but using the power end of both heads is no different than using a stereo power amp---or is it?

No, I don't think the Axe nails the tone of either just yet, but damn, it is close.

Thx,
Steve

Disregard the question...answered it myself~~

Yes, it can be done and sounds awesome through the VH4 and Uberschall heads into a FL Diezel 4x12 and a Mesa Recto 4x12 cab.

Time to bust out the Bradshaw switcher, RS10 controller and mess with some settings. May even throw in the Elmwood M90 running clean.

Steve

i was thinking about doing something similar last night :D

so you're plugging the axe-fx into the loop returns on both heads yes?
(using the heads as poweramps only?)

Yes. Just use the 4CM shown in the manual for amp 1 using left ins/outs. Use right ins/outs for amp 2. Unless you have some post EQ on your amps, you will need to fiddle with the EQ settings in the Axe.

Steve

I used to play the Axe through my Bogner head all the time (prior to getting a VHT2502). Sounded great, just a bit much to carry around.

Back
Top Bottom