AXE Rig is shocking me!

Newer to running a rack setup and am having a slight issue with electricity and what seems to be a grounding issue. When I use the MIDI Phantom Power In jack, the chassis of my Rocktron MIDI Raider is live. Noticed it today while playing and trying to program it barefoot!

The problem only presents itself when holding a guitar and using the Raider Adapter > Axe phantom power jack > 7 pin Rocktron Midi cable > Raider. If I use the power adapter directly connected to the Raider, no shocking occurs. Checked the manuals for both units and they are each looking for power on pins 6 and 7. Let me know what you think the issue may be.

I've eliminated a few of the obvious issues. The house outlets are wired correctly, the Furman power strip is wired correctly. The Axe is using a properly grounded cable and shocks regardless if the Axe is powered on or off. The Rocktron midi cable has continuity on all matching pins (except for the outer metal ring). Does it with multiple guitars, instrument cables, etc. I've also tried another power supply with the same rating.

EDIT: Just noticed the disclaimer in the manual about power supplies rated at more than 1A. The Raider draws 1A. Maybe that's part of the issue?

Thinking that maybe the 5 Pin + power pigtail > 7 Pin MIDI might be the right solution here. Anyone other thoughts?... let me know.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom