Axe PC

randyman said:
Stratman68 said:
tpowell said:
Nothing can be worse than the method Waves uses.

amen to that!

Waves has earned my complete disgust, and there is no way in hell they will ever get another damn cent from me. *Worst Copy Protection System EVER.*

And it was cracked to. Look on any bit torrent website and you can get any of the Waves products you want. A lot of good there protection did them. I don't think there are that many software applications that are not eventually cracked at some point. It will keep the honest people honest but crooks will still be crooks.

this piracy protection isn't a suprise, in that it's standard with a lot of hardware/soft combos in the industry.
Line 6 does this with the PodFarm or whatever it's called. I see this all the time with expensive 3D software we use at work too.
But the inconveniences of it are caused by the quality hackers we contend with in these times. It will cause usability issues for sure with studio users.

@OverAmp and others still defending copy protection:

No matter what method they use to protect the software, it's always gonna be software, and even it's hand-coded assembly (which AFAIK a lot of the AxeFX code actually is), it is possible to edit it to work around the protection. If it's complicated, but it's tied to a piece of hardware, you can write a driver that fakes the device, as Team H2O has done with Cubase SX3, and as has been done with a lot of the iLOK protected software.

Once it's cracked, it doesn't really matter how complicated the protection was. For end users, it's just an installer away from free software that you'd otherwise pay a premium to own.

IMHO it's just a waste of money to build something beyond a simple serial key algorythm check that stops regular users from sharing their install CDs with friends and over the internet.

And just to cite one example of a company that sells something easily spreadable but trusts their user base not to, the Recabinet guys are making a decent ammount of money selling .wav and .syx files without any copy protection whatsoever, and I haven't even found a single torrent for that. I bought recabinet btw, not because i couldn't find the torrent, but because I enjoyed their product and service.

Best,

Alex

Right now I don't really care what they do with it :)

I'm just looking forward to becoming an AxeFx owner, hoping for a release date soon.

Hi,

I've joined this board couple of months ago so I could subscribe to this thread only, but there was hardly any activity here.
BETA version was announced like last November.
Any official hints when this product will be available to the general public?

Cheers
Andrius

I'd like to ask the beta testers of axepc:

So far, what latency has been achieved?
And with what processor, drivers, OS, etc.

Hope this is ok to ask.

It is certainly ok to ask, but I think they're not ok to answer ;)
There's generally a non disclosure agreement going with private beta testing programs...

But if I refer to the current public beta version of Axe-Edit - which will be common software with Axe-PC - I guess that there are still a few months of work to achieve a working, stable and end-user compliant release.

Also wondering what the live capabilities of the AxePC are. I read somewhere in the thread that it's an "8 I/O" interface... does it have an XLR that can be plugged directly into the house? Can the standalone or in-DAW program be controlled via MIDI by a footswitch such as the to-be-released MFC?

Just wondering because believe it or not, I dislike Mac and will be getting a new laptop (which will have a processor fast enough to handle latency issues) this winter a couple months after Windows 7 is released late October... if the AxePC does not have live capabilities of its own, I may just have to get Apple for Logic Studio's Mainstage program, which seems unmatched in Windows.

From the previous page: Also wondering what the live capabilities of the AxePC are. I read somewhere in the thread that it's an "8 I/O" interface... does it have an XLR that can be plugged directly into the house? Can the standalone or in-DAW program be controlled via MIDI by a footswitch such as the to-be-released MFC?

Just wondering because believe it or not, I dislike Mac and will be getting a new laptop (which will have a processor fast enough to handle latency issues) this winter a couple months after Windows 7 is released late October... if the AxePC does not have live capabilities of its own, I may just have to get Apple for Logic Studio's Mainstage program, which seems unmatched in Windows.

And another question... how would a computer with 2.53ghz Core 2 Duo + 8GB RAM handle an AxePC instance running a preset that would overload an Ultra?

Every time I read about that 8 i/o thing I think it would be a big obstacle to get the axe-pc. What studio or serious user dont own already an audio interface?? why would need that? in fact I will not purchase it if it comes with that big box.

Protect it like a bunker, but do it with the smallest possible solution or many potential customers will be lost.

jassy said:
Every time I read about that 8 i/o thing I think it would be a big obstacle to get the axe-pc. What studio or serious user dont own already an audio interface?? why would need that? in fact I will not purchase it if it comes with that big box.

Protect it like a bunker, but do it with the smallest possible solution or many potential customers will be lost.

I totally agree.

Steven Slate drums in uncrackable, no dongle or anything external needed. They watermark the audio files so they know where they originated from if it ends up in a torrent. Even if you process the audio files, they are still watermarked. Awesome. If Fractal could figure out something like that....it would be good.

I'm catching up on all of this a bit late (scanning through all thirty something pages!)...

It appears that the Axe-PC will initially be released as a Windows OS VST plug-in?

Are there plans (and any associated ETA) for a Mac OS RTAS version?

Cheers,
-Matt

I am putting in a request for a crossgrade to the muse receptor. I will gladly pay a fee for this if it can be done.
This way I could leave my axe in the studio and take out the muse as an axe-fx vst version as well as my guitar synth stuff in 1 module.
Terry :cool:

that would be great if AXE-PC could be "receptorized" -- would actually make my receptor useful (as it honestly just sits there since i got the thing with the promises of the vsts i use being ported but never have.)

i definitely won't hold my breath--but one can dream, right?!

;)

mePt said:
that would be great if AXE-PC could be "receptorized" -- would actually make my receptor useful (as it honestly just sits there since i got the thing with the promises of the vsts i use being ported but never have.)
i definitely won't hold my breath--but one can dream, right?!
;)

I got the Komplete 5 package installed on the receptor with guitar rig but I just don't like it(Guitar rig). I use mine with the Axon convertor and love it for getting some great keyboard sounds live. Combined with my Axe-Fx standard I am getting some killer sounds.
Terry

jerotas said:
Steven Slate drums in uncrackable, no dongle or anything external needed. They watermark the audio files so they know where they originated from if it ends up in a torrent. Even if you process the audio files, they are still watermarked. Awesome. If Fractal could figure out something like that....it would be good.

Won't say it's impossible, I wouldnt know...but I am assuming Slate drums is a drum sampler. Watermarking audio samples is pretty easy, compared to the unpredictability of what's gonna come out of a amp sim.

I am looking to replace my current audio interface so it'd be great if Axe-PC could do that for me. I'd love it if it had a pair of decent quality microphone inputs with P48 and a couple of stereo line inputs in addition to one or two secret sauce axe-inputs. Analogue volume control on the output too please (for direct connection to active monitors) oh, and a headphone amp!

I realise my situation will not be the most common one but an 8 input audio interface would be great for me.

S.R.

Back
Top Bottom