Axe output only hisses

Miguelitos

Hi everyone.

My output from my Axe FX 3 simply produces a loud hissing sound. Nothing else. Headphones, XLR and standard audio out cables to my studio monitors, and, just hissing. Hissing only from headphones.

All my Axe does is hiss.

What am I missing?

More details

I own it.
bought it this spring
used it about 16 -20x and not touched it for about 3 months
turned it on and boom nothing but hissing as output
prior to this it worked splendidly without issue

Solution:

Updated firmware and reset global settings. Works as delivered.

Last edited:
without more details we can't help. new? used? your own presets? all presets? did it work before?

not sure what a standard audio cable is, do you mean 1/4" instrument cable? XLR is pretty standard.

also worth contacting support.fractalaudio.com

It's hard to say what the problem might be, but the first thing I would check is: make sure the word clock is set to "Internal": Setup->I/O->Audio->Word clock.

without more details we can't help. new? used? your own presets? all presets? did it work before?

not sure what a standard audio cable is, do you mean 1/4" instrument cable? XLR is pretty standard.

also worth contacting support.fractalaudio.com
New
Factory default no presets yet, not even editing of presets
of course it worked or it would of gone back to fractal :D
XLR is how I have it connected but I tried 1/4 inch audio cables in the other outputs as well, and only headphones, all just hissing, no instrument or anything coming out of this

New
Factory default no presets yet, not even editing of presets
of course it worked or it would of gone back to fractal :D
XLR is how I have it connected but I tried 1/4 inch audio cables in the other outputs as well, and only headphones, all just hissing, no instrument or anything coming out of this
so it worked at some point. then it was hissing only? were any Setup/Settings changed? was the unit moved? did it happen while playing, or was it the next time you powered on it happened?

it's possible the ribbon cable connecting the input or output board came loose? i don't know much about that thing but it's been said on the forum before.

also worth trying a different cable for the guitar, or checking the battery if the guitar has one.

performed a reset and got it back. No idea what changed. Been a while, maybe I was playing with settings. Updated the firmware, and reset global settings and it's back!

Thanks to everyone who took a moment to read and respond, much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom