Axe mode and multiple CC mappings

AdmiralB

Inspired
I'm pretty sure the answer is "no", but I'm going to ask since my MIDI toolbox contains the equivalent of an 8-pack of fat crayons.

Is it possible, in Axe mode, to assign a switch to multiple CCs? The specific example I'm looking at is using one switch to control both chorus and quad chorus. I'd never put both in a patch, so the practical limitations of doing so wouldn't bother me.

AIUI, the only way to do this would be to use that switch as a general control, and as such would lose the red/green LED function.

Do I have this correct?

Either general use, or if you want red/green: the "surrogate IA" method where a certain block is always present and others are set to the same CC#.

For example set chorus & quad chorus to the same CC# and set the IA switch function to chorus. That means toggling quad chorus would require the chorus block in the preset. To save CPU on average you could set the IA to something else like Vol/Pan or Filter. You'd use ~1% more CPU by needing that new block in the chorus presets, but will save a few % in the quad chorus presets.

Back
Top Bottom