Axe-Manage Cabs sorting functionality

api4u

Experienced
I just "discovered" the Axe-Manage Cabs option in Axe-Edit, and have a couple of questions on the functionality of it.

I'm using an AFX II, so I have 100 user banks, labeled U001 through U100. If I have a preset (let's just call it Preset #001, for discussion purposes) and I change the amp in a user cab slot, will the preset now start using the new amp that's in that slot? If preset 001 is using Cab U001 (a 1x12 Blue, let's say), and I swap or copy another patch to the Cab U001 slot (a 4x12 Greenback), will all of the patches that are set up to use Cab U001 then be automatically changed to a 4x12 GB?

Or...if I swap cabs U001 and U099, will the patches that use those cabs stay with the cab that was selected for the patch? If Patch 001 was using Cab U001, and I swap cabs U001 & U099, will that patch now start using cab U099?

Probably over thinking this :roll, but I'm just trying to get a handle on the concept behind the software functions, before I go hog-wild trying to sort things out to make more sense in my hodgepodge of user cabs. I want to get a "best of" selection of my Redwire, Ownhammer, Fractal UR, and TAF cabs, and break it down into the ones I use the most, in a way that makes sense.:indecisiveness:

If you swap two user cabs, then all presets using that slot will also switch to the new cab. Presets are tied to cab locations, not the cabs themselves. The cab settings in your preset, however, will remain unchanged.

I recently went through this process myself and I grouped together all cabs used in our shows and I renamed them with an "@" symbol as a prefix. This way I can tell at a glance which cabs are in use. It's a bit of a chore, but things will be easier going forward. The Axe-Fx is an OCD wet dream. ;-)

Excellent idea (the @ symbol). Thanks for the concise explanation - that exactly answered my question.

I knew I could experiment, and figure it out, but knew that someone else surely had already been there. No sense in reinventing the wheel.

Back
Top Bottom