Axe-Live loses songs/set lists after WIn10 updates

vkinetic

Inspired
Just to give a heads up, after installing the latest Windows updates (system is Win 10 Build 1803), specifically KB 4487017 and KB 4485449 plus an Adobe Flash update, Axe-Live, which has been super reliable with my Ax8 up to now has lost all my set lists and songs. This happened immediately after the above updates.

True, it may have nothing to do with the Windows updates - it could be my system, my security or any number of other issues. But it is a coincidence. I have advised the developers and have asked them where is the data for songs and set lists saved on the system (I can't find it anywhere) to see if I can retrieve the data

a reminder for those unfamiliar:

"Axe-Live" is not a Fractal Audio software/product. this post is not describing Axe-Edit, which is Fractal Audio's official editor.

Just giving a heads up to other users, no different to similar posts concerning FracPad etc. Sorry if I broke the rules, but as I say, giving a heads up.

How about updating Axe Edit (irt's been a while) to include set lists etc?

That sounds like a wish...

And how would AX8-EDIT (unless you're also now referring to the Axe Fx not AX8) implement set lists? That would have to be implemented on the AX8... The editor is just a client.

That sounds like a wish...

And how would AX8-EDIT (unless you're also now referring to the Axe Fx not AX8) implement set lists? That would have to be implemented on the AX8... The editor is just a client.

Yes you're right - that is a wish! But I don't get yoiur comments about being a client. Axe-Live is an editor just like Axe-Edit, it just so happens that it also has a Set List Manager. I don't see why Axe-Edit could not have the same facility.

But hey, I just wanted to give a heads up to other Axe-Live users just in case they're about to do a show or whatever to be wary. I always though this forum was a great community of support and as mentioned earlier I see threads about other non Fractal sanctioned apps such as FracPad and didn't think for a moment I was going to upset anyone. Certainly don't want to open a can of worms.

Yes you're right - that is a wish! But I don't get yoiur comments about being a client. Axe-Live is an editor just like Axe-Edit, it just so happens that it also has a Set List Manager. I don't see why Axe-Edit could not have the same facility.

But hey, I just wanted to give a heads up to other Axe-Live users just in case they're about to do a show or whatever to be wary. I always though this forum was a great community of support and as mentioned earlier I see threads about other non Fractal sanctioned apps such as FracPad and didn't think for a moment I was going to upset anyone. Certainly don't want to open a can of worms.
Who is upset?

What I said was for those who don’t know what Axe-Live is. Pretty straightforward and non emotional.

Well, I guess I'm wondering how a set list would work with AX8-EDIT? It's not intended to be used live...

Just to give a heads up, after installing the latest Windows updates .. Axe-Live .. lost all my set lists and songs.
... Where is the data for songs and set lists saved on the system

Thanks for letting us know. My computer updated today, but I haven't run AxeLive since then.

On my computer in the Documents folder there is an AxeLive folder; and the data for songs and set lists is there. I don't remember if that's the default location, or if I did something to make that the location for the files.

Thanks for letting us know. My computer updated today, but I haven't run AxeLive since then.

On my computer in the Documents folder there is an AxeLive folder; and the data for songs and set lists is there. I don't remember if that's the default location, or if I did something to make that the location for the files.

Thanks David - I don't have that folder - perhaps you created it - I did find an Axe-Live folder in the User\AppData\Roaming hidden directory but the dates of the files were too old to be my latest data.

Not to worry, I'll just have to recreate everything - it was just a shock turning up at rehearsal and all of a sudden not having an of the set lists there. It my not have anything to do with the updates but it does seem a big coincidence. I'll be backing up to other media once I recreate everything again that's for sure.

I would be interested to hear whether your Axe-Live data survived the windows updates though.

Thanks!

I would be interested to hear whether your Axe-Live data survived the windows updates though.!

I ran AxeLive and my setlist was there. Run a search for *.axelive. That should find the backup files, if they still exist, and the axelive folder that they are stored in.

Hmmm. Looks like I'm incorrect. I checked the dates on those files on my machine, and they too are too old. I'll run a search on my drive.

Last edited:
Thanks so much David. I'm glad you didn't lose your setlist(s)! I've just recreated mine and there is a facility to export set lists, which I have done. Unfortunately there is no way that I can find to save the songs though.

Back
Top Bottom