Axe III as main audio interface - couple questions

VidarAus

Experienced
1) Is there an increase in sound quality if connecting monitors straight to Axe III rather than S/PDIF to a focusrite 40 and monitors connected to the focusrite 40?

2) If using Axe III as main audio interface in a Windows environment, what happens when audio played from YouTube, a movie, a game, an audio player etc is other than the 48khz supported by the Axe III? Does windows do some sort of conversion, or perhaps the Axe III does on the fly? Or will there just be no audio?

Just trying to work out if/how Axe III might replace my Focusrite 40 completely or if too much hassle.

Thanks

you may just want to refer readers to the other thread you created on this topic....
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...io-interface-with-one-set-of-monitors.153809/
IMO, it is often easier to use both interfaces (III into Focusrite via SPDIF or analog) , especially with Windoze systems where creating an aggregate device can be problematic (it can e done using
ASIO4ALL app, to varying results) ...Do you have your III yet? Because what your ears and personal workflow experience tell you is more important than opinions of dorks like me.......:)

you may just want to refer readers to the other thread you created on this topic....
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...io-interface-with-one-set-of-monitors.153809/
IMO, it is often easier to use both interfaces (III into Focusrite via SPDIF or analog) , especially with Windoze systems where creating an aggregate device can be problematic (it can e done using
ASIO4ALL app, to varying results) ...Do you have your III yet? Because what your ears and personal workflow experience is more important than opinions of dorks like me.......:)

Nah not yet...but soon. Yeah sorry for the double thread - although these questions while related were slightly different, but take your point as they are pointing in the same direction.

Guess am pretty excited to get the III and asking questions instead of waiting till I get it scratches the itch a bit :)

Back
Top Bottom