Axe II sound clips and the Ultra

racetra

Inspired
Are us Ultra owners prematurely freakin?....I think I might have.
I gotta say, I like the tones that I am hearing from the few clips that are out... But, I am not hearing any thing that I cant do with the Ultra or that blows me away....Yet! Don't get me wrong, I know the 2 is gonna be great and is the next step in the evolution of the Axe. I am pretty sure when Mark gets his little paws on one I will be recanting this:lol. I also know that in 1 to 2 years I will probably be jumping into a 2. I am bummed that the timing was what it was but I was playin my rig today and all I can say is WOW. If it gets better than this, that is awsome and I will have to have one.....Someday.

If you see someone sleepin under a bridge with a new Axe Fx II under their arm in the next few months, you will know I got one..........Do ya think she really meant it :?: :lol

It would be great to hear 1-to-1 comparison clips between Axe and Axe II, showing where Axe II excels. That shouldn't be too difficult to arrange? Please don't get me wrong, I've done such a comparison between v.10 and v.11 in Ultra myself, and I can hear the difference - I am convinced that there is even bigger improvement with Axe II.

Listening to Axe II clips that are available so far, I do like what I hear. But the problem is to pinpoint the elements that are improved. There's something in the bottom end, in dynamics, some "swirl" etc..... but I'd like to actually HEAR the difference, not only feel it! Since I don't own same guitars/pickups as Scott and others, I don't know what to expect from the details of sound - I don't know HOW to listen those clips.

So, any volunteers to put together couple of clips to make a comparison between Axe and Axe II?

Last edited:
I don't have one but from what I understand a 1-to-1 comparison is not as easy as it may sounds.
Version 2 is a completely new animal and it reacts differently to all the "little tricks and know how" you learned with version 1.
Add to that the different cabs, effect modeling and you are in an unfamiliar territory.

I think there will be a few upset people who think they can jump right into version 2 and recreate their favorite version 1 patches.
But if they give it the time to re-learn everything and build new presets from scratch they will reach new heights.

OK beta testers, help me out here.... is this correct? ... or is it just my imagination?

:?:

Back
Top Bottom