Axe II Metal Tone

Hi Koubiak, thank you for posting a clip. I never get enough of this thing. To me the sound is lacking a bit of headroom and openness.
It seem a bit one-way-street and maybe to much compression or gain. But that's what I think and not something to follow.
The sound or riff reminds me somehow of metallica, could be a master of puppets thing but the sound is also in the ballpark or something.

Keep posting clips and go for what sounds good to you no matter what others like me "tells" you 8)

Sounds familiar because it's a pretty good cover of Metallica's Creeping Death. :twisted

Go with a little less gain, especially with the double tracking.

In fact I use 2 presets : the ola Englund's preset in track 1 with very slight changes and the schlagdog's preset in track 2. In this one I don't use his custom IR but the stock 4X12 V30. The double track (really played 2 different times) helps a lot.

Sounds pretty damn good to me for that style and definitely reminds me of the Metallica Black album sound. In a mix, that may be just right or maybe with slightly less gain. It seems lately that I like the guitars to sound like they are right in my face or right on the edge of the speakers/monitors, but that's all personal preference. The latest AIC album has some killer tones worth chasing imo, even though the songwriting was disappointing.

Nice job-would you post the patches used plz?

Steve

In fact I use 2 presets : the ola Englund's preset in track 1 with very slight changes and the schlagdog's preset in track 2. In this one I don't use his custom IR but the stock 4X12 V30. The double track (really played 2 different times) helps a lot.

Cool! I guess I don't need to ask for my own preset:D

Back
Top Bottom