AXE II FX Loop

dsl

Experienced
When using effect pedals in the ULTRA FX Loop - I found in necessary to use a
Radial ProRMP passive reamping box to convert the "line level" output (of the ULTRA)
to a "guitar level" output (into the pedals).

Is this still necessary when using effect pedals in the AXE II FX Loop?

Thanks.

Haven't tried this, but shouldn't be. If you max the appropriate output knob I believe the signal level should match the level coming out of your guitar

Haven't tried this, but shouldn't be. If you max the appropriate output knob I believe the signal level should match the level coming out of your guitar

From the manual:

"...Output 2, designed to be connected to the front of an amplifier.

Judging by the above quote - it seems that there is no need for a DI when using Analog Pedals in the AXE II FX Loop.

Any "official" word on this subject? :ugeek

From the manual:

"...Output 2, designed to be connected to the front of an amplifier.

Judging by the above quote - it seems that there is no need for a DI when using Analog Pedals in the AXE II FX Loop.

Any "official" word on this subject? :ugeek

That is what the unity gain is all about. The levels will be the same as your guitar was (provided you did not boost it with an effect in the chain). The only difference would be impedance.

Thanks so much!

I haven't tried so I don't know what the noise level will be like but it was designed to minimize it as much as possible. Still it is boosting a guitar level to line level (or at least at a level to get the best A/D conversion), then back down so that is going to cause a little noise I would think.

Back
Top Bottom