Axe-II at the Great British Guitar Show

clarky

Axe-Master
I was invited to help out at a guitar forum stand at the Great British Guitar Show..
and of course bring with me and demonstrate my full stage rig

I was surprised at how many folk had heard about the Axe-II, heard the clips, read all the hype but had never seen one in the flesh..
and of course there were many that were very keen to see and hear it..
and the usual anti-modeler types too…

they all got a complete tour of my rig, my presets, the tones…
and of course the morphing hoops I get the Axe-II to jump through…
showed them how it all works within the config and the possibilities it opens up to performance..

I have a feeling that they were all blown away
I heard comments like
"I'd heard they were amazing… but had no idea they were quite this amazing"
"jeez… I can just sell my whole rig, get a complete system like yours, and have better tone and more capability"
"I wanted to hate this.. but I can't"
"I'm just gonna have to sell my rack now and get one of these"
"oh man I need this"
etc
etc
even a guy from an amp manufacturer said "mate… that's just unbelievable"
furthermore…. lol.. an anti-modeler just stood there smiling and nodding his head..
everyone that got the tour loved it… even the skeptics..

haaa… we have new believers..
what a real fun day out that was…
made a lot of new friends..
how cool is that…

Great job! Love to hear the responses from those who've not yet had the chance to get up close and personal with these units. I'm sure it was a combination of great product and awesome delivery.

Cheers,

Lee

this is unfortunately the only pic I've found…
that's me on the left taking that fella on the right on a lil' tour through my Axe-II
iirc, this guy has a huge old skool rack.. he said "it's a 2-man lift sort of rack"
he was really taken with the Axe.. the tone.. capability.. everything really..
and he said he'll be selling his rack to fund an Axe-II, MFC and a Matrix GT1000FX

top fella… I hope he joins our lil' family here at some point in the future…

Great job, Clarky. Nothing seems to turn opinions faster than a listen. Reminds me of the many "where's your amp?" sort of looks Axe Fx players get... amazing you don't see more of these out there, but I have a feeling you might have added a few to the bandstands over there!

Hey matey, what are you using speaker wise? Couldn't find the deets of your full setup...

unfortunately that pic don't show my rig that well..
a compadre is going to mail me his pics this evening... If some of them show my rig better I'll sling a few up in here..

my rig is:
Axe-II [@fw13.07]
MFC-101
three FV-500 XP's
Matrix GT1000FX poweramp
two stock Marshall 1960b cabs
two Morgan Guitar Works V6 both fitted with a Floyd Rose bridge and Bulldog pups

Great job, Clarky. Nothing seems to turn opinions faster than a listen. Reminds me of the many "where's your amp?" sort of looks Axe Fx players get... amazing you don't see more of these out there, but I have a feeling you might have added a few to the bandstands over there!

I think the thing with the Axe is that it's not found in stores...
so folk tend not to get to see let alone try / hear...
and the proof is always in the eating yes???

everyone knows what Line6, Boss GT series etc etc looks, sound and feel like..
they've all Eruptioned and Djented with them until they got slung out of the store... lmao
but the Axe [as we all well know as we've all been there] is quite a leap of faith given the size of $$ outlay..
and of course we also all know that the leap of faith was a leap well worth it..
but in these difficult times, it's unsurprising that many hesitate to part with hard-earned on something they've not spent enough time with to get slung out of the store...

so when compared with the more available preamp / multi-fx untis..
the Axe is more exotic.. rare... hard to find one to try out.. bound in myth and legend..
hated by some, loved by many, revered by more, grudgingly respected by others..
this show was an opporunity to encounter and experience for all..

from what I gather, all walked away smiling and wanting one..
mission accomplished...

Back
Top Bottom