AXE II aint Talking.

So Its been a frustrating Night here. I installed the Mac Driver and Every time I open my DAW and select the Axe II as My interface (Both Reaper and Garage Band) they both freeze and lock up (I'm running a 2 month old Mac mini) and it works fine with other usb interfaces.

So I decide to hook up my midimate and screw with the Looper. No dice the Midi mate and the Axe II do not speak(my midimate is already programmed for my ultra) No nice never see a midi light. So I reprogram it Nothing No light no program of cc changes.

No Joy,

I will send a support Email to cliff in the morning.

Anybody have any ideas?

Hi,
Did you try to co nnect the axe without going into your DAW and check if your mac is seeing the axe as an audio and midi unit in your audio and midi config? It could be just a driver problem considering that two programs as acting the same.

Happened to me. I went into system pref and selected the ii as my audio input. After a restart once I installed the drivers. It's probably a simple step that's being missed. Which can b the most frustrating ones.

Good luck

I've been having problems too. I use Cubase 5 though. If I play back previously recorded tracks the speed is faster, the pitch is higher and it has an echo. I think it has to do with that the tracks were recorded with a different sample rate. Not to sure though need to spend more time with that and try to find the settings to change it or might have to convert it. Once I figure it out I'll post my finding. If I start a new project it records and plays back fine except the raw dry track isn't available for me to select. I do not have a problem with itunes and stuff like using the axe fx as the interface though.

It is your sample rate, axe only supports 48 I believe. Anything other than that would give you faster/slower playback speed of that material.

Did you download the AxeII driver for OSX from the Fractal support page?

Does the AxeII show up as a audio and/or midi device in OSX? In Finder go to Applications then Utilities and open Audio Midi Setup, there are separate windows for Audio and MIDI. If you aren't seeing 'Audio Devices' or 'MIDI Studio' then choose 'Window' from the menu and 'Show Audio Window' and/or 'Show MIDI Window'.

On the Audio Devices window it'll show the sample rate labeled as 'Format' that should be '48000.0 Hz'

Did you download the AxeII driver for OSX from the Fractal support page?

Does the AxeII show up as a audio and/or midi device in OSX? In Finder go to Applications then Utilities and open Audio Midi Setup, there are separate windows for Audio and MIDI. If you aren't seeing 'Audio Devices' or 'MIDI Studio' then choose 'Window' from the menu and 'Show Audio Window' and/or 'Show MIDI Window'.

On the Audio Devices window it'll show the sample rate labeled as 'Format' that should be '48000.0 Hz'

Its there in the Midi Window But I cant set the Sample rate. If I choose the axe for Audio in System preferences It Locks up the System preference window.

Until I figure this out the AXE II is just a spinning beachball For me.

Its there in the Midi Window But I cant set the Sample rate. If I choose the axe for Audio in System preferences It Locks up the System preference window.

Until I figure this out the AXE II is just a spinning beachball For me.

The Format (Sample Rate) is on the Audio Device screen, so you're correct in not seeing it in the MIDI device properties.

Have you rebooted (see below). You might also try a different USB port on the Mac?

Here's the notes from the OSX driver install splash screen - anything here help?

This installer will install the Axe-Fx II USB Audio Class 2.0 firmware and firmware daemon:

System Requirements:
* OS X 10.5.7+

Notes:
* The Axe-Fx II relies on the host computer to upload the USB firmware when connecting to the host after a reboot.

* The USB firmware daemon resides on the host computer and is responsible for uploading the USB firmware silently as needed.

* This daemon installer only needs to be installed once.

Important:
* You should reboot the Axe-Fx II after firmware daemon installation in order to start using the new USB firmware.

* Optionally, you can reboot the Axe-Fx II at a later time, or if the Axe-Fx II is not currently connected via USB.

The Format (Sample Rate) is on the Audio Device screen, so you're correct in not seeing it in the MIDI device properties.

Have you rebooted (see below). You might also try a different USB port on the Mac?

Here's the notes from the OSX driver install splash screen - anything here help?

Yeah I tried Nothing has worked, I am gonna upgrade the OSX and see if that helps. I am 98% sure its the Mac because was was able to update my firmware on The Axe II yesterday real easy using Snoize.

Back
Top Bottom