Axe hangs/timeouts: Axe-Fx II mark II (fw17.04) -> XA-1 -> MFC-101 (FW 3.06)

DTownSMR

Inspired
I've had my Axe for a few years but new to the MFC camp. Previously I was running MIDI to the Axe from a FCB1010 and never experienced a hiccup with control. However, after getting my MFC I've had numerous instances when the Axe locks up (LED lights steady in some last used state...i.e. different LED combinations every time) and/or the MFC displays a timeout message. I'd guess a lot of the time it's when I have the Axe USB connected to my macbook but it also happened last practice when nothing but the MFC was connected to the Axe. That concerns me a bit...OK...A LOT!

I've tried searching around and really didn't see anything that seemed to match my situation. Just wondering if anyone had any clues on these hangs and/or ways to reduce them. Could it be the FASLINK connection? A particular firmware revision? CPU issue? Any thoughts or suggestions are most welcome?

My setup:
Axe-Fx II mark II (fw17.04) -> XA-1 -> MFC-101 (FW 3.06)

Thanks in advance

I've tried searching around and really didn't see anything that seemed to match my situation. Just wondering if anyone had any clues on these hangs and/or ways to reduce them. Could it be the FASLINK connection? A particular firmware revision? CPU issue? Any thoughts or suggestions are most welcome?

How are you connecting your MFC to the AFX? For my AFX Mark I and MFC Mark II I use only ethercon cable from BTPA. If you're sending both Ethernet and Midi cable you can run into some challenges from my experience.

Have you already tried resetting the MFC to factory defaults?

How are you connecting your MFC to the AFX?

Axe-Fx II mark II (fw17.04) -> MFC connector -> XA-1 -> MFC FASLINK connector -> MFC-101 mark III (FW 3.06)
(no MIDI connection involved)

Have you already tried resetting the MFC to factory defaults?
no, haven't done that and not sure how that might help since to know if it's working {for me} I'd have to reprogram everything to the way it is now.

I'm kinda thinking it's the Axe that is the "issue" since that's where the hang happens but I'm kinda hoping someone has dealt with this already.

Back
Top Bottom