Axe-FxIII: The Red Line

xPhoton

I have an AFxIII Mk I. On the Home it shows a red line (top left).

I've just fired up and updated a new AFIII Mk II. It has no red line.

1. What is the red line for? (Tuning?)
2. How do I make it appear on the Mk II?
3. Where is this in the documentation? (Manual, Release Notes, Wiki
etc. Chapter/Verse rather than e.g. link to the whole manual).

Thanks

Do you mean the little red line on the mini tuner? That was added a few firmware versions ago. The Mk II has a different physical display panel than the MK 1, but I assume the mini tuner display should look the same if you're on the same firmware on both units. I've got a MK 1, so I can't confirm that it should show on the MK II units.

Owner's manual is here: https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-downloads/
Wiki is here: https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Axe-Fx3

I have no idea what red line you're referring to though. Can you take a picture of it?
It's on the Axe-Fx III Mk1. Go to any Preset. There are two arrows: it is between them, and hovers about. I think it's a tuner.
I can't find it in the manual.
It appeared and stays there on Mk 1, but is not present on the Mk 11. I would like to get it to appear on the Axe-Fx III Mk II.

It's on the Axe-Fx III Mk1. Go to any Preset. There are two arrows: it is between them, and hovers about. I think it's a tuner.
I can't find it in the manual.
It appeared and stays there on Mk 1, but is not present on the Mk 11. I would like to get it to appear on the Axe-Fx III Mk II.
It's in the Mark II as well. It was in a recent FW update, so if yours doesn't have it, the only reason I can think of is your unit isn't up to date.
PS- the manual doesn't always include new features from FW updates. Using the Release Notes as well as the Wiki should keep you aware of all changes.

Do you mean the little red line on the mini tuner? That was added a few firmware versions ago. The Mk II has a different physical display panel than the MK 1, but I assume the mini tuner display should look the same if you're on the same firmware on both units. I've got a MK 1, so I can't confirm that it should show on the MK II units.
I'm glad you can see it. Thanks, I thought ot was a mini tuner. It appears 'naturally' when the Firmware was updated at some point.
It doesn't appear 'naturally' on the Mk II (Firmware 16 and 17). I was trying to find the setting to make it show. It doesn't appear to be under ßettings on the Axe Fx III MkII.
(I'm not talking about the tuner itself (Button A) )

It's in the Mark II as well. It was in a recent FW update, so if yours doesn't have it, the only reason I can think of is your unit isn't up to date.
PS- the manual doesn't always include new features from FW updates. Using the Release Notes as well as the Wiki should keep you aware of all changes.
The problem is that it doesn't automatically show on the Mk II, and I was wondering what I needed to do to make it come back. My firmware is up to date.

I don't think there are any settings to enable or disable that on the mini tuner. If you go into the Setup menu on the front panel (push the E knob while at the Home screen) does it show Axe FX III: Version 17.00 at the top left corner of the screen?

If it does show 17.00, I'd do a full backup using Fractal Bot and then try a full system reset by going to the Utilities menu > Reset page and selecting Reset System Parameters and then pushing the A knob.

Back
Top Bottom