Axe FXII V.S. Bias FX-A/b test can you tell the difference?!

Kjaris

Quick tone test of both of these awesome pieces of gear/software.
One is the Axe FXII the other Bias FX can you spot the Axe!?

Kjaris.com for these songs for free! have fun! Shred on!

hard to tell. the 2nd clip is lower tuned so there's the illusion of more girth.

if i had to guess, i'd say 1 is the axe.

but i don't have to guess and i don't care what's used to make music these days. :)

Quick tone test of both of these awesome pieces of gear/software.
One is the Axe FXII the other Bias FX can you spot the Axe!?

Kjaris.com for these songs for free! have fun! Shred on!

There is so much subjectiveness that goes into these types of things, the more important question is which one do YOU like?

I'm not really fussed which is which but I prefer the sound of track 1, why did you feel the need to A/B with 2 different tunes? I'm sure the Axe and Bias could be tweaked to sound like either clip

Both sound great. Having used both they are both very usable sims! My first impressions were that BIAS was the first and Axe was the second. Would have been cool if both were the same track.

axe probably the first clip, there's so much gain in the 2nd clip and some parts just feels like a square-wave distortion.
Hope I'm not wrong else it'll be embarassing!

I recorded these for different purposes so sorry they're not the same track.
I just wanted to see what people thought. I always think it's fun to guess the A/B test.
I feel like if the we're the same track it'd be a hell of a lot easier because to my ears the Axe has more depth.
But they both are good for what they do.

Thanks for the compliments I've only been mixing and recording for a couple months. I didn't go to school for it either!

Skål från Sverige! I'll post the truth soon!;)

Difficult to say with this style of music and different tunes and obviously also the EQ settings quite NOT the same. I'd say the first is Axe fx badly tweeked. But give it a go with a correct and equivalent clean setting.

We will be dialing in some of the greatest amp tones in history from apps on our iPhones/iPads before too long. Going wirelessly into a pedalboard out to wireless monitors/cabs!

Back
Top Bottom