axe fxII and mfc-101: on/off control for new inserts in a new preset :-(

mr riös

hi

i created a new preset to insert my rocktron voodu valve via fx loop - works fine - sounds great :)

i added a reverb and a delay after the voodu vlave - great :) and i can control this inserts (on and off) with the mfc-101 switches - now i added a multi delay, but notning happens at the mfc-101 :-( i can't find out what i must do to control the multi delay with the mfc-101 switch (on and off)...

any idea? - any help?

hi

i didn't do anything, to set a switch for reverb and delay - these just works fine without setting anything - but okay, i will set a switch for the multidelay, if this helps - but how? - i don't know :-(

reg

Last edited:
hi

i didn't do anything, to set a switch for reverb and delay - these just works fine without setting anything - but okay, i will set a switch for the multidelay, if this helps - but how? - i don't know :-(

reg

It’s in the manual.

hi

sry, i read the manual - didn't find anything, that works - on page 144 it is said, that the axe fx can learn the ctrl numbers - but i don't know the numbers and how to set them for the multidelay :-(

can someone explain, how to set switches to the multidelay on/off function?

thx

hi

sry, i read the manual - didn't find anything, that works - on page 144 it is said, that the axe fx can learn the ctrl numbers - but i don't know the numbers and how to set them for the multidelay :-(

can someone explain, how to set switches to the multidelay on/off function?

thx
MFC manual, page 21

hi everyone

i read the manual page 21 - it didn't work :-( the picture on page 21 shows, that the multidelay switch is switch nr 13 - i programmed a preset and this preset includes a multidelay - but switch nr 13 don't switch anything :-(

so i didn't get it :-( i read the mfc-101 manual, but i can't find out a way, to adress a new insert (i. e. multidelay) to the footswitch "multidelay" to switch it on and off - i made a new preset using "axe-edit" without any inserts - than i added the insert "multidelay" and connected it so that it works fine - saved - everything works fine, but i still can't swith the new "multidelay" insert on or off with the mfc-101 - i tried out the edit menue of the mfc-101 and than the midi menue at the mfc-101 - as explained in the manual 5.2.1 - but in the end, i don't know, what or how to find the "multidelay" in the functions for switch 13

isn't there a possibility to generally programm the mfc-101 so that switch 13 always is the on/off switch for the multidelay, so that i can programm the multidelay in several presets and always the same switch of the mfc-101 puts it on and off - i thought, that this is a feature - but it is not :-(

any help

hi

i didn't set anything until now - the mfc-101 is just new and i didn't change anything - and i bought a used axe fx2 to learn - the axe fx2 works fine and the axe edit works fine too... - but the communication to the mfc-101 is really hard to understand :-(

tomorrow in the evening i try to find out, what the display says - unfortunately i have not enough posts to upload links or pics :-(

reg

Check the MIDI CC#'s in the the Axe II's I/O menu CTRL page and make sure they all match the defaults shown in the Axe FX II manual. If they are changed from their defaults, the MFC won't be able to control them when in Axe FX mode.

Ok, seems you're willing to read manuals and other sources, that's great.

About midi, in short:
There are midi PCs (program change) to change to a different preset and midi CCs (control change) to turn on/off effects or change a certain value of an effect.

So this here is about CCs because you want to turn effects on/off.

CCs have a number (think of it like the number of a post office box, where you put the message in) and a value to get sent (the message's content, in most cases: 0 for off, 127 for on, values from 0 and 127 are possible.)

In the mfc you can assign a CC number to a certain button and also an on value and an off value. Search the mfc's manual for infos about that.

In the AFXII you can set the CC numbers to get recognized for certain effects in the midi-ctrl menu. Search the AFX's manual for infos about that.

Hope that helps you getting sorted all that a bit easier.

I’m sorry to have to inform you that the internet has completely run out of “sad smilies”.

Check the MIDI CC#'s in the the Axe II's I/O menu CTRL page and make sure they all match the defaults shown in the Axe FX II manual. If they are changed from their defaults, the MFC won't be able to control them when in Axe FX mode.

hi

as far as i can see axe fx2 and mfc-101 have both still default settings

i discovered, that the mfc control port should manage the connection between these two components - as i wrote before, i too put an reverb in my new preset - the reverb is switchable with switch #15 without any changes - like the manual says :-/

after discovering this i looked at the multidelay - there are two multidelays available at the axe fx2 - the multidelay2 was selected in my new preset - i changet it to multidelay1 - now the switch #13 controls the multidelay

consequence: now i want to know what to do to change the control from multidelay1 to multidelay2

In the mfc you can assign a CC number to a certain button and also an on value and an off value. Search the mfc's manual for infos about that.

i did - but i didn't found the number for "multidelay2"

In the AFXII you can set the CC numbers to get recognized for certain effects in the midi-ctrl menu. Search the AFX's manual for infos about that.

i did - but i didn't found the cc number - i mean: there must exist a list of such numbers and the multidelay2 must still have such a number - but where is it?

the axe fx2 manula says on page 28, that the mfc control will automaticaly show preset names...?! - my components use default settings but i can't find a possibility to control the multidelay2 without editing???

Having factory settings is the best point to start from. And if you change anything make notes or backup files in case you need to go back.

The CC numbers for each effect are shown in the I/O CTRL menu of the Axe-Fx.
Scroll down there, you see the CC numbers for delays 1 and 2 and multidelays 1 and 2.

They are not fixed, you can change them.
When you always have only one delay at a time in a preset, you could set them all to the same CC number as delay1. That way the switch on the MFC101 that enables/disables delay1 would also switch on/off any other delay in the preset.

Back
Top Bottom