AXE FX2 direct into a GOPRO camara ?

SRDELE

Inspired
I was looking to see if any one has tried this. Not sure if it too risky to to send signal direct into the camara.
I would asume if I use output two and keep the level real low it my be ok but if it is turned up too much it would cook the gopro. This kinda limits the ease of moving around with the camara but the audio quality would be superior than useing just the mic or even a external mic.
Thanks for any feed back on this.

I don't know anything for sure, BUT

I can't imagine any kind of signal that could come out of the axe itself that could fry anything else. Nothing is a powered output. The headphone output is probably the most powerful, and even then, I don't think that would fry it. You're probably fine!

yeah definitely let us know! if that works it would totally save me the extra steps of recording the audio and syncing it up in that stupid software they give you

Googled this so bear that in mind. I haven't done it with a gopro but went thru a learning curve running direct into my camera and thought I might help.

It looks like the newer go pro cams (hero 3 and 4) can take audio in. I think they need a pretty high signal, more like line level than mic level. Lots of people complain about low signal or no signal but I'm not sure if that's an older camera, the wrong connector, or just the amp in teh camera.

You need an adapter to connect to the mini USB. Check amazon.

You want to give the camera as much signal as you can to minimize noise. I have used something called a JuicedLink preamp:

https://juicedlink.myshopify.com/collections/riggy-micro

to go from mics to my camcorder with great results, but I think I've also run it line level from my mixing board thru the JuicedLink. I don't know if you need this or not. Since it seems the GoPro needs pretty hot audio you may be able to just hook up the AXE to the gopro and use the output level knob to set your levels, but I don't know how you'd monitor the sound. I can monitor my cam while recording, but it may be a trail and error thing with the gopro.

Ninja edited a few times to add more info and correct errors

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom