Axe FX2 and Midi clock sync

sksmokie

Hi,
I'm having big troubles with synchronisation Axe tempo to midi clock,
of course Axe does sync to midi clock tempo, but it does not sync to the beat, are you guys having problems with this ?
Recently I used Boss SL-20 as tremolo effect which worked very nice synced to the tempo and the beat, now when I use tremolo block in AxeFx, it's off the beat.

This is not the problem of tremolo block, but the metronome itself. It sets only to the bpm rate, but it does not align to the right note offset.

Kind of funny: I posted a very similar question right before you. No replys to either your post or mine so far.
Yes. I'm having the same issue:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/102665-midi-time-sync-problems.html

As much as I love my Axe-Fx, I gotta say, the handling of MIDI clock is aweful. I would expect a lot more from a $2500 piece of pro-audio gear. I'll win no friends on this forum by saying this, but I get a little tired of people gushing on about how the latest firmware is the most amazing, unbelievable, unimaginable, ultimate pinacle of tone nirvana while ceartain basic functionality goes unaddressed. "It's all in the code" - right? If it's a software issue, then it needs to be addressed. I'd rather have properly functional MIDI clock then yet another amp model after amp model. And if the issue is in the hardware, then why is a $2500 piece of pro-audio gear not designed to handle such a basic MIDI function? It's great that the XL added a MIDI Thru port, but that doesn't fix the MIDI clock issue. I'm not asking to have the capabilities of a full sequencer/workstation/DAW - this is basic stuff, being able to sync up MIDI clock between two pieces of gear.

I have this issue as well. Unfortunately, it is a pain in the ass to use the axe fx sequencer (which can be really cool to use, esp on filters with synth voices). I always have to set it to an envelope and use the guitar to trigger it. Definitely not perfect, as it should be. Nevertheless, I have hope...one day Cliff will fix all sync problems along with tweaking the pitch/synth blocks to perfection. Alas, a man can dream.

Have you had any hardware that synced properly to MIDI clock?
I haven't. Not Eventide, Line 6. They always drift after a few bars. I just gave up.
Tap tempo can get close, with continuous tapping.
Any step filters, trems, etc. that have to be 100% locked have to be a DAW plug in, and that's good if the performance is tight to the grid.
Delay time is another story, that's always fine, if the player can play with the tempo.

I used Boss SL20 for synced tremolo, no issues with it.
I was always in sync.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep! All of my Elektron gear syncs without issue as well as my 808 and V-synth...not to mention, all of my synthesizers sync. LFO's in time make for great fun:encouragement:

Have you had any hardware that synced properly to MIDI clock?
I haven't. Not Eventide, Line 6. They always drift after a few bars. I just gave up.
Tap tempo can get close, with continuous tapping.
Any step filters, trems, etc. that have to be 100% locked have to be a DAW plug in, and that's good if the performance is tight to the grid.
Delay time is another story, that's always fine, if the player can play with the tempo.

Back
Top Bottom