axe fx with ground control pro question.

Conflict

Inspired
I have been through the manual and set up the midi board to use the bottom four buttons as presets for channel changes.
I have also set it up so the next two rows of four are now instant access buttons.
However for some reason in the bottom row all buttons work for channel switching other than number 3.
If i go to the next bank they all work fine though.
Also when using instant access buttons for tuner, phaser, delay etc...
How do i adjust the effect block to be activated only when correct ia button is pushed.. Not all the time??
Thanks so much got a tour starting next week and need to get to grips with this now.

With the GCP you have to program the IA's to be on or off when the preset is called up.
So, if you want drive comp and delay on on patch 30, you need to program it that way in the GCP, also, save your patch on the axe the same way.

When you hit button 3 do the numbers or letters change at all on the GCPro display? If so, the controller is probably working fine. You probably have programmed that preset on the GCPro incorrectly. I suspect you're sending the same PC message on that preset as the preset you're switching to 3 from.

The status of the effects blocks on the saved Axe preset will be overridden by the incoming midi data from the GCPro. You don't need to save the bypass status as you want them recalled in the Axe preset unless the block in question isn't being controlled by the GCPro. I typically save the Axe presets with just the amp and cab active and all effects are controlled by the GCPro. If I want a delay active at the preset change, I leave the Axe preset alone and modify the GCPro preset.

D

Back
Top Bottom