Axe-fx with fryette ps-100 vs real anp

EricMC

For those who have tried the axe-fx with the fryette ps-100, how close does it get to a real amp assuming the same cab? I have heard quite a few examples with something like the SD power stage and it doesn’t seem to compare. Holding out hope a good tube power amp can match the real deal!

should sound identical unless you dont dial the axe in right. Axefx will also have a much lower noise floor. If they arent the same volume they wont sound the same either (we hear louder and think “better” in comparison tests).

What amp do you have that needs a 1:1?

Well, I don’t currently have an amp that does. The hope is that with a good power amp, I could have authentic amp tones from many different amps. The versatility would be awesome. I’m a big fan of stereo amp setups so it would be nice to mix and match as needed, either alongside a tube amp or possibly stereo amps from a fractal unit into a stereo power amp.

Do you have any sound clips of an amp compared with an axe-fx through a good tube power amp?

Sounds like you need two quality frfr speakers, powered or unpowered for what you are after.

I dont have any clips, no. I have not tried to match my axe3 to real amps either.

Back
Top Bottom