AXE FX VS KEMPER +BOSS .

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have the means buy them both, because I would bet they are both a ton of fun.

I can't imagine very much you can't get with Axe. The FX are stellar. I came from a T.C. G-Force, and have used a Eventide Eclipse. I had a huge pedal collection. The Axe replaced it all, with a much higher sound quality, lower noise floor, and much more versatile routing. I even had the BOSS FB2, and yes, you can reproduce that with the AXE. (I use this effect on some Billy Idol and a few other songs where I need specific feedback on demand)

The QUALITY of the FX is the deal maker. It's beyond what you can get with even an advanced pedal board.
The ROUTING possibilities have got to get your attention as well. Even with a Switchblade GL you would struggle to come close to what you can do with the Axe (and the Switchblade costs almost as much as an AXE does)

The AXE will replace almost every pedal you've listed. If you run up against an effect you can't replicate, just add that particular pedal.
I'll tell you what though, the AXE is going to make some sounds that no Boss pedal could ever come near.

I suggest checking out the list of FX in the AXE. The multi-delays and pitch blocks alone, combined with all the control options can cover a ton of ground.

The fx in the axe are far superior to the boss fx and this is from someone who has used boss stuff for years before I got the axe.

I agree that The Axe-FX and Boss pedals are not in the same league and I think that every serious guitar player should get an Axe-Fx.
Sound Quality is stellar for every effects on the Axe but ....
I can't even reproduce something simple like the AW-3 (Dynamic Wah) with it.

I received suggestions to get it but it doesn't really work.

I don't know all the Boss effects but I think it is reasonnable to think that there are some of them (Boss or other brands) that, for now, are not easily reproduce with the Axe.

So, it can't replicate everything but you got to have one for everything that it can do.

Last edited:
If you guys can convince me that the axe fx can do the job of:

The 40 + Distortions , fuzz, oD and metal pedals
All the Boss Choruses, flanger , and Phasers.
And anything else covered on the BOSS line...

If this all is covered I would rather do this than pedal train.

So your honestly going to carry a pedal board around big enough to hold 40 drive pedals, probably what, 20-30 modulation pedals as an alternative ?

I agree that The Axe-FX and Boss pedals are not in the same league and I think that every serious guitar player should get an Axe-Fx.
Sound Quality is stellar for every effects on the Axe but ....
I can't even reproduce something simple like the AW-3 (Dynamic Wah) with it.

I received suggestions to get it but it doesn't really work.

I don't know all the Boss effects but I think it is reasonnable to think that there are some of them (Boss or other brands) that, for now, are not easily reproduce with the Axe.

So, it can't replicate everything but you got to have one for everything that it can do.

What about a 3 part harmony?
Or the Multi overtone pedal
Or the slicer pedal... anything close?

This thread is sounding more and more like a Boss marketing campaign or someone is just bored and trolling on the internet....

OP with no history and how just joined.... hmmm ?

OP has a "friend" who offered him basically every Boss pedal made yet he needs to know if the Axe can duplicate the sound of each and every one of those pedals in order for him to buy one, and its up to us to "convience" him to get an Axe.... all the while written with the spelling and "text message" grammar of a 13 year old girl....

Just smells a bit fishy to me.....

This thread is sounding more and more like a Boss marketing campaign or someone is just bored and trolling on the internet....

OP has a "friend" who offered him basically every Boss pedal made yet he needs to know if the Axe can duplicate the sound of each and every one of those pedals in order for him to buy one, and its up to us to "convience" him to get an Axe.... all the while written with the spelling and "text message" grammar of a 13 year old girl....

He could have dyslexia I know I sound like a 13 year old girl sometimes because of it...but your other points are valid... I hate to offend the OP if he's legit so I won't say nothing negative, I think you covered it well:) minus how he types considering that could be a few things other than trolling haha..

This guy seemed fishy from the get go to me, looks to me like hes trying to point out things the Axe can't do. I mean really Boss pedals? Is it just me who thinks this but if you looking to buy something like an Axe wouldnt you watch a thousand youtube videos demoing the hardware before signing up for a manufaturers forum and asking questions like this? maybe its my suspicious mind :)

I was unaware that anyone had found a useful purpose for the Boss Slicer pedal.

*sigh* the guy in the demo really made it look useful!

Yeah, it's a real specialized pedal. I think guys who think out of the box with sounds could find some uses for it, but it's sure not like the majority like distortion, chorus, etc. that you can just turn on and go with it. Mine is back on a shelf somewhere. I wanted so badly to find a use for it, but it is not a simple pedal to employ.

Just wanted to see what this thing can do

It's a very specialized pedal - the axe can do a ton of synth-like stuff which is much more useful than the slicer. I suggest going into a music store and trying out a slicer pedal. That should be all you need to know about it. Save the $.

Lol ...I'm at work , for one. For another I offered a scenario , which would propose a problem...a problem that I'm hoping this piece of equipment could fix. Boss offers pedals that are versitile and are all over the damn specrum. So if this piece of hardware can so more for me , than a company that has made pedals since the 70s

THAN I'M SOLD.

BTW this form is known throughout gear communities as being elitist and unfriendly. ..so it's reputation seems to have come out in this gentleman. All I'm waiting for is the Owner to block me from making posts (as people say he does)

I simply asked a question. I don't need negitivity

Man rolls up at the Ferrari forums, I've driven every shit box in the world, i'm just wondering what a Ferrari can do *scratches head*

I think ill answer in the spirt of the original post

The axeFx can do sounds like this, Grrrr, Chugg chugg, Swooosh, weeeooor weeeoor, tap ap ap ap ap, chang chang.. changity chang ch chang

Man rolls up at the Ferrari forums, I've driven every shit box in the world, i'm just wondering what a Ferrari can do *scratches head*

I think ill answer in the spirt of the original post

The axeFx can do sounds like this, Grrrr, Chugg chugg, Swooosh, weeeooor weeeoor, tap ap ap ap ap, chang chang.. changity chang ch chang

Just couldn't take the high road could you?

Too tempting to ....nvm I'll be purchasing this hardware but won't participate in forum activities, far too much hatred and animosity

Just couldn't take the high road could you?

Too tempting to ....nvm I'll be purchasing this hardware but won't participate in forum activities, far too much hatred and animosity

I'm just not sure what you could have ever achieved with such a thread, you need to do your own due diligence, no one can do that for you

Lol ...I'm at work , for one. For another I offered a scenario , which would propose a problem...a problem that I'm hoping this piece of equipment could fix. Boss offers pedals that are versitile and are all over the damn specrum. So if this piece of hardware can so more for me , than a company that has made pedals since the 70s

THAN I'M SOLD.

BTW this form is known throughout gear communities as being elitist and unfriendly. ..so it's reputation seems to have come out in this gentleman. All I'm waiting for is the Owner to block me from making posts (as people say he does)

I simply asked a question. I don't need negitivity

It does everything that I could possibly want and more. YMMV. Try it and you will know if it is for you. The forum is very friendly and helpful but we don't make decisions, you will.

I'm just not sure what you could have ever achieved with such a thread, you need to do your own due diligence, no one can do that for you

All I needed was convincing, that this solution would render better results than what I was being offered.

I have been convinced

I have a late 70's DS - 1 and a KELLEY MOD'D CS - 2 I use up front in my signal chain. Those are the only two things I prefer over anything in the axe fx II. I've tried over and over again but still can't get the same tone and feel. A lot of guys on this forum got a bit snarky with me cuz I don't care for the comp block. Really it's your personal preference. As far as amp modeling and all the reverbs, delays, modulations, filters, etc. The axe fx II is simply the best you can buy, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom