• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Axe-Fx Ultra tone advice/critque wanted

senate

Hey all. I'm after some advice and/or critique on my recording tones that I'm currently using. Very new to the recording thing so forgive the badly programmed drums and sloppy playing. There's no post eq'ing done on any of the guitars in the clips.

I'm using a PRS Custom 22 with a Bareknuckle Cold Sweat in the bridge into the Ultra (v11 firmware) into Reaper.

The Chordal Lure by TEEDEE on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
This one is double tracked, and panned hard left and right

Ozcar Nominee... by TEEDEE on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
There's a bit going on with the layers in the cleans in this one so I'll have to get round to doing a basic clean sound recording. This one is also the newer of the recordings so I've since done some tweaking to the high gain sound, and tried out a different cab sim.

Cheers

djenty sound , sounded quite good. what amp and cabs are you using? although i m not fan of the nasal djent sound, is´t quite good :) keep on working

Thanks! I'm using the FAS Modern with the Redwirez Orange 4x12, with what I'm pretty sure is the SM7 - cap edge 0"

Sounded fine to me, the first track riff especially, reminded me of the masterful Geordie Walker of Killing Joke.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom