Axe Fx ultra / Marshall 9200 dual monoblock

ciggsnstrings

Can someone with good knowledge help me a little? I just got an axe fx ultra that I want to run through my marshall 9200 amp. What would be the best speakers and cabs to try? I want to run 2 4x12 cabs but I am clueless when it comes to the axe fx and what it likes. I play all kind of music so I don't want something ultra low end or the opposite kinda right in the middle.

I have this same power amp, and have run the Axe through it.
I run it with Mesa Recto cabs with V30's. For high gain tones, it sounds like a punch in the face. Love it.

A lot of guys like the Mesa cabs with the EV12L's and/or C90's. Some feel these are 'cleaner' sounding speakers and will be a little more neutral than the V30's.
I recently bought an old Mesa with the EV12L's and C90's...but I haven't tried it yet (how sad is that).

Do you have any cabs you can try to see how they work with your tastes?

Try the Eminence (Pro Delta A) speakers.....$109 a piece shipped and are 400 watters....great speakers!!! Can not say enough about them!

Boy good food for thought, I only have 1 marshall 1960 vintage 4x12 cab w/g12t75 celestions right now. I don't have any experimental cash left after purchasing the axe fx so I appreciate all of your input!!

I used to have a 9200 how does the Axe sound thru it? I have a loaned Mesa 2:90. I gotta say I prefer my Randall SS to it......As much as I might want to try the 9200 I bet I wouldn't like it's added character ie tubes......

Ive owned both marshall 9200 and mesa 2:90 at the same time. The mesa sounds bigger and punchier (read: not duller), definitely colors the sound more than the 9200. But there's something about the 9200 that made it more versatile and it seemed to work better with a wider range of axe-fx pre-amp and even pre+power amp sims running into it..... albeit a bit more "sterile" sounding.

Just my experience.

Back
Top Bottom