Axe-FX Ultra Input Problem

Awesome. The Atomics are made of win.

Keep us posted on your Axe-FX

Thanks Ben, got an e-mail back from the repairer just to say they received my ULTRA ....they won't be able to get to it till end of next week !!!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's a simple fix
A mate of mine has an ULTRA and has been struggling with getting some GOOD USABLE SOUNDS...as i was....until he heard it through the Atomic Cabs....unbelievable!!!....So seeing as my unit was out of action i offered him my cabs to use as he had a gig ....went and saw his band last night and quite a few local muso's were there and commented on his "NEW" sound...after the gig he couldn't thank me enough and said he had placed an order for some. Anyway soon as i know what's happening i'll let you know ...Cheers

At the I/O: CTRL page is "Input Volume" set to "none"? If it's set to a CC# a controller/Axe glitch could make the Axe interpret something as a 0 value for that CC#. There's nowhere to actually view the current input vol. value but setting it to "none" or power cycling will return level to 100%.
Ditto.

Hey Ben,just received email from repairer and ULTRA is all fixed!!....they had to replace.... (No +8V supply; failed voltage regulator U33. Replaced U33.) .....$2.00 part...$110.00 Labour......Ouch!!!
But could have been worse....carn't wait to get it back....so you were right about simple fix after all.......Cheers

Hey, that's AWESOME, mocka! Ouch on the labor charge, but the important part is that the Axe-FX is on its way back to you.

The problem is that the rear input jacks are line level and not hi-z

Yes there is bit of a level difference, 6dB IIRC and only the front input has the "special sauce"
The impedance of the rear inputs however at 1 Mohm is identical (according to the specification) to the front input ( ='hi-z')

S.R.

Hey Ben,just received email from repairer and ULTRA is all fixed!!....they had to replace.... (No +8V supply; failed voltage regulator U33. Replaced U33.) .....$2.00 part...$110.00 Labour......Ouch!!!
But could have been worse....carn't wait to get it back....so you were right about simple fix after all.......Cheers

$110 labor!? i hope mines under warranty because i have this problem now.

Back
Top Bottom