Axe fx + Tube head + Stereo PA?

JoeHans

Inspired
Hello!

Tried a few searches and didn't find what I was looking for so here it goes. How do I plug the Axe into my tube amp head and stereo PA? In the other words, how do I setup it so the other output has cab sim on and the other has it disabled?

This is pretty easy and is also covered in the manuel page 84 I believe.

Basically you need to place the effect loop block at the end of your signal chain (BEFOR) the cab block and run your tube amp off of O/P-2. If your amp has an effects return I would insert signal there so your not changing the tone with the preamp of your tube head.

Thanks for the quick response. I've been using this user preset as a template:
Axe-edit.jpg
Never really understood the complex structure of it but I believe it is setup as you described? Can't wait to finally test my Axe in a band rehearsal. :)

Never really understood the complex structure of it but I believe it is setup as you described? Can't wait to finally test my Axe in a band rehearsal. :)

That will get it done...;) The Send and Return blocks are to allow you to have long chains of blocks (more than 12) The Delays are in Parallel but the important one is at the end. The Effects Loop block will direct signal to OP-2 if there is nothing hooked up to the return (IP-2) on the back of the Axe. So if your running this configuration you wouldn't be able to run an outboard effect in the loop of the Axe.

Back
Top Bottom