Axe FX Standard/Ultra for Beginners

dargor

Inspired
Seen that most of the community moved on to the Axe FX II and beyond, I decided to create little tutorials to help people with Std/Ultra models.
First of with the interface.

Even if you purchased your Axe Fx with the latest firmware (11 for Ultra and Standard) you're still going to need the MIDI connection, not only for easier editing but for IR cabs (they change the tone A LOT). So for me the best AIO interface (and good bang for the buck too) is the M track from M audio. That way you don't need to buy a separate MIDI to USB converter.

Here's a brief description:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKLDEywgD6o

Any questions feel free to ask, I'm not a professional but I spent a lot of time looking online at info related to the old Axe models, so I might be able to help you =)
Also gonna be posting more tutorials on this so try to keep it clean, little questions can be sent to me by PM.

Thank you so much dargor! I bought my Ultra 2 weeks ago and I'm having a hard time dealing with this magic box.I'm having decent tones but there are things to learn and settings to adjust better.I will follow your videos,I'm sure I'll find useful info in there.Keep it up!

Not from me, sorry but haven't tried that method, maybe someone in the forum has. I have done this with the eleven rack and line 6 podhd pro and the results were awful. So just left the processor for fx only throught the loop. If you have a good high gain tube amp that will be my suggestion

Very nice! I missed this thread the first time around, but now I subscribed to your channel :)

Jens

A problem I had with the ultra is that some times I wanted an artist's preset, but most of them were already made with Axe FX 2. Since many of those were made at the time of firmware 9.0 trough 10.0 I'm sure the ultra and standard can handle them.

So, now that I have an XL, I can help you guys so you can see the parameters of amp, cabs and fx, and dial that artist preset you want on your unit.

You can leave me a request on private message with the preset you want and the link to download it

A problem I had with the ultra is that some times I wanted an artist's preset, but most of them were already made with Axe FX 2. Since many of those were made at the time of firmware 9.0 trough 10.0 I'm sure the ultra and standard can handle them.

So, now that I have an XL, I can help you guys so you can see the parameters of amp, cabs and fx, and dial that artist preset you want on your unit.

You can leave me a request on private message with the preset you want and the link to download it

Ultra/Standard owners can view AxeII presets by reconfiguring Axe-edit: settings>config>axeII.

Back
Top Bottom