axe fx standard breakthrough at last!!!

Conflict

Inspired
Hi there I have owned an axe fx standard for a couple of weeks now, and so far had found it a good tool but not a replacement for a tube amp live.
I am using with a peavey classic 60/60 power amp and a zilla v30 2x12.
Anyway after lots of tweaking with the slo, das metal and pvh 5105 models i had managed to get some pretty good tones for live but they still sounded processed and lacked that growl that my diezel and 5105 give me.
I played these patches with cab sim off and power amp sim off and on. I Messed with the sag and damp knobs which helped but i could not get it to convince me.
I kept watching an axe fx standard vid called axe fx slo 100 patch where a guy just uses the amp model and dials it in as you would any amp, i tried it aswell........ not even close it felt weak, tonally it was close ish.
After a week of trying to work it out i watched it again and saw his axe setting knobs for input and output were both runnin over half and just under three quaters. My input was at half and output at a quater and power amp up loud.
So i changed it and holy hell its now screaming spitting and growling like it should !!!! All this time tweaking and playing about and it was a one knob solution!!!!
So this was a silly mistake but i thought i would post it incase it helped anyone.

Back
Top Bottom