AXE-FX Standard and Ultra discontinued!

shect_faced

I haven't read this anywhere on the forum so I thought I'd post it. I emailed Fractal yesterday as I have been waiting for the standard and ultra models to come back in stock to purchase one, and they replied saying the older models were discontinued! I really don't like the idea of waiting a year and paying 2200 for an axe 2 when they had advertised the standard's clearance price months ago for 1299... I was never able to purchase one at that time and there was really no official statement they were no longer available. In fact the store still lists the ultra and the purchase tab says "we will post more information about restocking as soon as it is available" I feel like there's a lack of communication with the customers here... I had the funds to purchase an axe months ago and never got a chance. I think phone-line support could greatly improve customer satisfaction with regards to the purchasing process.

Agree, aleclee ... Buy used if your settled on a Standard or Ultra. There's plenty of them out there (particularly on eBay) from users who are planning to or have already moved on to the Axe-2. You'll be extremely lucky to find an Ultra under $1500 though. That's where I got my Ultra several weeks ago and paid $1600 which was the lowest priced "Buy Now" unit listed. I tracked these things for several weeks before deciding on the one I purchased. Best thing I ever did for my tone and for advancing my playing. Good luck.

As soon as the AxeFX II was announced Cliff told us that the Ultra and Standard were no longer being made. I don't think there is a lack of communication, I think there is a lack of research by some consumers. I mean you e-mailed them and they told you, what more do you want? If he annouced it any earlier it would have ruined the surprise of the countdown.

As soon as the AxeFX II was announced Cliff told us that the Ultra and Standard were no longer being made. I don't think there is a lack of communication, I think there is a lack of research by some consumers. I mean you e-mailed them and they told you, what more do you want? If he annouced it any earlier it would have ruined the surprise of the countdown.

That sounds like hogwash. Yeah, we wouldn't want to spoil the "surprise of the countdown." Sheesh. You mean this poor guy who wants a standard has to research to find out it's discontinued and you don't call that a lack of communication? I'm okay with them discontinuing it, but this is yet another example of poor communication.

Communication only works if people are willing to listen. It also helps to understand that Cliff is an engineer. My Father was an engineer and had great difficulty communicating with people on the level that we mere mortals use. It wasn't for a lack of trying or caring, it's just that he spent a lifetime communicating on a different wave length. When an engineer doesn't understand what all the commotion is about he will dive back into what he does understand; his work. We are very lucky that Cliff still makes an effort to communicate with us at all.

Given a choice, I would rather have a superior product, strong on quality, and maybe needing some help in Marketing/Distribution. If we want one, we will eventually get one, I suspect. If you want BIG Scale production, you can probably say good-bye to this level of excellence. I don't know. It's born in America, Jack!!! For that, I'm satisfied. ;)

"Specifications (prices, availability, etc.) are subject to change without notice." Ever seen that in a product data sheet or user manual? If you haven't, it's because you weren't paying attention....

Discontinued????? Seems like there are plenty of Standards and Ultras available for sale in these parts - some in like "brand new" condition, barely used, never taken out of the home, only used in a smoke free studio (like what studio isn't?), selling due to financial issues, getting married, baby on the way, getting divorced, going back to my trusty tube rig, band broke up, quit playing guitar, switching to bass, too complicated, too digital sounding, and my favorite - new Axe2 on the way.

Hey I've got a Ultra for sale!Never left my studio,its' my back up so only been turned on for maybe 12 hrs total.FW is updated too.

Not that I think Cliff in any way considered this in a decision to discontinue the Gen 1 products- but, this will actually put upward pressure on prices in the used market. So, for all the people who were sad that the announcement of the Axe-II would devalue their Axe-I, you will see a little bounce back.

Just looking for the silver linings....

-Phil

Just sharing my experience here as I am new to the forum and had some trouble digging this information up. Nothing more, nothing less. I agree with H302 that quality should be the #1 concern but a little blurb stating that the older models have been officially discontinued and the clearance items are on a unit by unit availability would have made my case much easier. Prior to posting this I had researched for some time and found many others here wondering about restock of the models before and after the release of the axe 2. As it stands now the purchase tab and the fact that the ultra is still in the store eludes to the fact that there could be more stock on the ultra and standard available, which will never happen as they have been discontinued from production. As a new user the contradiction between whats going on in the forum through word of mouth and whats posted on the site and in the store is very confusing. Nothing against fractal at all guys, maybe my post will let the next new guy in on the details here. And yes I've read many manuals and legalities within... the specs can change without notice, just saying such a notice would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom