Axe FX sounds better after a few minutes?

I am absolutely convinced this is psychosomatic but:

For some reason the axe fx seems to have more gain and sounds feel more fluid and saturated after a few minutes. Almost like tube warming has been modelled. Which doesnt sound like something that would have been done.

Just to double check that it's all in my mind and more to do with readjusting my playing to it which I am more than certain it is, has anyone else noticed this?

Curious about how you’re monitoring, and whether that’s contributing to what you’re experiencing.

Headphones? Speakers? Cabinet? FRFR?

For some reason the axe fx seems to have more gain and sounds feel more fluid and saturated after a few minutes. Almost like tube warming has been modelled. Which doesnt sound like something that would have been done.

Just to double check that it's all in my mind and more to do with readjusting my playing to it which I am more than certain it is, has anyone else noticed this?
Even a tube amp shouldn’t do this if it’s biased correctly.

Could be your amps warming up for your cabs/monitors etc other than that it’s just yours ears adjusting.

EDIT: oh see i see you are using headphones then it’s definitely just your ears adjusting.

It's digital. Remember, it's basically the same as your computer, tablet or phone.

They work the same in a second as they do after a minute and after an hour. Algorithms don't change, and Fractal isn't writing into the code something that makes the sound change over the first n seconds after starting up, just like Apple and Microsoft and Linux are not in their operating systems.

Yeah, there's a bit of code that affects the note's onset and its decay, but that's an entirely different thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom