Axe-Fx preset converter

jimmynorrisjr

Experienced
Has anyone created a preset conversion app? I know its a stretch, but it would be convenient to convert Axe-fx II presets to Axe-Fx III without having to buy an old Axe II.

I am only looking at these old presets for content, not tone per say. Some of these old presets have bountiful modifier information. So you can open old presets with fractool? I was already looking to purchase, this could be the deciding factor. EDIT~ fractool is “free”? I was referring to fracpad originally. Looks like it’s made by the same guy. I will have to get both then. Thanks!

Last edited:
I am only looking at these old presets for content, not tone per say. Some of these old presets have bountiful modifier information. So you can open old presets with fractool? I was already looking to purchase, this could be the deciding factor. EDIT~ fractool is “free”? I was referring to fracpad originally. Looks like it’s made by the same guy. I will have to get both then. Thanks!
Same guy, different tools.

For the purpose you mentioned, FracTool is a great option.

You would want to convert the old preset and load it into your Axe Fx III.

Although you can "view" all the settings without conversion and loading, that's a bit cumbersome unless you're looking for something specific because the presentation is very different than Axe-Edit.

FracTool is a preset viewer/converter which allows offline viewing. It also offers different tools for free

FracPad is an AxeEdit-like for tablets/phones, free on mac/win only

Reactions: mwd
Back
Top Bottom