axe-fx position compared to your playing position

I use a stand designed for a speaker. It's light and flattens to three pieces. Was cheap too, around $25. Adjustable height.

Here's some pix (sorry for the shameless showing off, but I just put the lights on and I'm proud :)

rig0001.jpg

rig0002.jpg

rig0003.jpg

cool guys, those amp stands seem like a good idea.

I so far havent touched the axe while playing a gig, plug it all in and start playing!

but, sitting on a chair and having a wedge on the floor and then leaning over than to a table with the axe on it just gets too irritating.

I hated adjusting stuff with floorbased units too....

Live, I use one of these:

G-TOUR-3022-22H_Open6.jpg

My band has four of these things for drums, cables, etc., so once we empty one of them I throw my rack w/ the Axe on top of that.

I am thinking of getting something like this:

PlatformStd-large.jpg

for home use. Right now my rack just sits on a little "TV tray" which is about the right size, but NOT very sturdy. I guess the rack is a little heavier than the TV dinners the tray was designed for ;)

I use a combo guitar amp stand to have it aim up at me while I'm standing, similar to some of the photos near the beginning of this thread.

Snagged an Ultimate Support amp stand local on the used market last night: perfect! Like it was made to hold a 2U rack unit like this. ;)

Fikealox said:
I built a little rack stand for mine:
100_1175.jpg

So Fikealox, getting sued often at your gigs huh? Or these books are simply your props when you're getting into your cover of "I Fought The Law"? :mrgreen:

Are the "prongs" (the two arms that support the weight of the amp/rack) on the Ultimate Amp-150 amp stand long enough to support an SKB Standard 3 space rack?

I use one of these: http://www.zzounds.com/item--MUPGS7462B with a Gator 4-space case. For gigs, it's just behind me on the left or right side. I only tweak input (for different guitars) or output volumes, during the gig but, if I have to do more, it's accessible. Because of the shape of the prongs, I can change the angle of the case and still have good stability.

Ed

Chad said:
Are the "prongs" (the two arms that support the weight of the amp/rack) on the Ultimate Amp-150 amp stand long enough to support an SKB Standard 3 space rack?
What's the height of the case? I'll tell you. My SKB 2U fits with room to spare. But not a lot of room to spare.

Chad said:
7.75"

Here's a link to the exact case I have:

http://www.skbcases.com/music/products/ ... c=113&s=80
Won't fit completely on the standouts. They're 6 1/4" (I guess that'd be 6.25" in decimal notation...I'm never sure if decimal notation and inches is okay to use, not being an Imperial system user myself). You'd have some of the case hanging off, but IMO: not enough to make it a stability issue. The lean on the thing can be adjusted three levels. It's pretty solid. And it folds up into nothing.

Back
Top Bottom