Axe FX panning left

Hello,
I have recently purchased the Axe FX standard and whenever I try plug the guitar in it only plays on the left speaker. It is not a problem with the speakers I'm using as before I even plug any in if I just play only the left light flashes on the front. I have tried changing the settings in the I/O configuration but can not get it to play with both left and right speakers? Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

Thanks, Sam.

The front panel LEDs are input levels; it's normal that only the left one lights when you're just using the front or rear left input.

If the Axe isn't bypassed (you'd hear clean unprocessed guitar) and no presets are outputting sound to the right channel, it could indicate an output hardware issue. Make sure you're connected to Output 1 L & R, try swapping cables to rule out a bad cable.

Yeah it was a bad cable... The reason I didn't try that before was because the LED light was only on the left as well so I thought it was to do with the Axe. Thank you for your help.

I do have one more question, I'm plugging it into an Apogee duet and then into a Macbook pro and I can't seem to get the distortion sounds out of the red on the duet. So then when I open Logic and record on playback the guitar distorts (in a bad way haha) and cuts out. Is it settings in the Axe or the duet that I need to change to bring it down? I've tried turning both down but it's not making any difference?

Thanks, Sam.

input distortion means the level is too high.

if you turn down the axe fx output knob, it never stops clipping?

how are you connected to the duet?

Okay if I turn the output knob down to what I would say is about two it stays in green, I can then turn the duet volume up to get enough volume, is this going to effect tone at all? Sorry for all the stupid questions!

Sam.

Make sure - using the DUET's control panel application - that your input range is set appropriately (inst, mic, -10db, +4db). If you are connecting to the balanced output of the AXE, you should be at +4db. Also check the box is device settings for 'mic/inst gain mode'. You should probably be using 'click less operation' when using the AXE.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom