Axe FX Name Timeout

spanny

Inspired
I just recently picked up a MFC-101 mk1 to go with my Axe FX II (mk1). I keep getting the “Axe FX Name Timeout” screen and can’t figure out what’s causing it. When I bank up/down, it communicates and changes presets, but that’s it. It does not display the preset name, load any of the instant access switches, etc.

I have the port set to expansion, mode set to Axe FX II. I also confirmed with the previous owner that the MFC port and Ethernet cable were working properly. Any help to troubleshoot this would be greatly appreciated!

I've made sure all midi information in the Axe FX I/O menu matches the MFC
Uggh! So still an issue? MFC connection and proper connection type selected in the AxeFx menu? If there's still a problem I'd suggest trying a new cable. Other than that might need to call on some seasoned AxeFxers like @Moke or @Rex they know their s***!

I was able to get it to work by using midi, so that tells me it's probably the port on the Axe FX or MFC, or just a bad cable.

Having a same issue with axe fx II mark I and mfc mark III. Both mfc and ethernet/ethercon cable are brand new, even tried few other cables so I guess it's an Axe Fx mfc port....stuck with midi, but not a big deal, it works flawlessly. One more cable, though...:)

I am getting my AXE-FX II mkii ready to gig next week and I have been running into the name timeout. Driving me nuts..... I want to use my XA-1 and AX2 but once I changed some IA's to what I needed the name timeout became a constant issue. Switched to Midi cable and as Igor mentioned the problem went away.... Oh well Midi it will be......

Back
Top Bottom