Axe-FX N00b - Some Power Amp Q's

Khoi

Hey guys,

I am currently in the market for an Axe FX for recording purposes and playing. I'm in college right now and it seems that the Axe is gonna be the best solution for me...

I have a couple questions though.

Does anyone have any experience with an Axe-FX through a Electro Harmonix 22 caliber power amp? I'm looking for a cheap solution for a power amp, as I won't be playing through a cab that much. I won't be gigging with the Axe or anything... just noodling around. How does it sound? How important is the power amp for the tone through a cab?

Also, would it be possible to use my Mark III as a poweramp? I'm a total noob with this preamp/poweramp stuff.

Another quick question about monitors

Thanks!

Search button. Search button. Search button.

Please. Start with reading. Research. Please don't post because you want to be talked into it.

FWIW. You will NEVER know until you get it and try it. It's not within the normal realm of gear. This is a professional piece of equipment, it takes work, pain, sweat, karma, moonshine...you get the idea. The tone is there...and it's killer. But you have to work.

Yes, it sounds great through your gear. IF you've configured it right. IF you've set it up correctly. IF you've RTFM.

I'm not knockin', but PLEASE look through the exhaustive amount of reviews and setups that we have listed here. You're not unique brotha....

Ron

sorry man, I actually searched right after I posted and found all my answers :lol:

I was gettin a bit too excited about getting in to the Axe realm and jumped the gun and posted before I searched, but I found all my answers!

Back
Top Bottom