Axe-Fx - my curse

Gearhead

Inspired
In the days BF (before Fractal) I was a happy GAS-steered guitarist with a couple - ok three couples - of guitars. I regularly got my GAS-attacks and bought, say, a new delay pedal (insert any boutique brand name here). On another occasion it might have been a fuzz or even a third amp.

Those happy days are over - having had the Ultra for 2 years now, these GAS attacks no longer haunt me. I thought I was cured for good.
BUT I still get GAS attacks and now they've become something even worse (and much more expensive): Guitar acquisition syndrome. So, I go out and buy a new guitar, or plan to buy one or order one (I'm a lefty and a snob, so I have mine built)...

This has to stop!!! It's too expensive - I don't have the time to play them all - No, you little darlings, I won't sell any of you - must stop - aaargh, damn you, Axe Fx....

happy holiday season, guys

Tell me about it..I ordered a custom guitar to be built originally it was setting me back about £1700..added a few extra touches..£2200..well i would like to have this as well..£2600!!! :oops: Should i be thanking cliff or suing him!! :lol:

I just bought a Mark V, so bear in mind, Axe owners are not immune from GAS attacks. Love them knobs and switches. :lol:

I have GuitarAS too, but my excuse is that I still need a couple! :p
Don't have much of any value besides the MM Luke.

Guitar Simulator?

My boss gt-10 had something similar. It had a 'pickup simulator' that was basically an EQ you would put near the front of the chain. It would help make your humbuckers sound like a single coil and vice versa...actually worked pretty well. That may be something useful to add to the axe is maybe some preset EQ settings to help achieve that single coil sound, or maybe they are on the wiki and I just havent looked in a bit.

Back
Top Bottom