axe fx midi control using cubase 5

Hi guys
I recently stumble upon this video
Gear // Logic Studio // MIDI Control of Axe FX - YouTube

and i thought: "wow! how cool is this! to be able just to play and concentrate in music, instead of dancing around the pedals..."
but, wait, i do not have a MAC laptop:? s**t, now i have to buy one!
but wait again!:roll cubase 5 HAS TO be able to do that, too! YEY!
but ... i don;t know how to do this :cry
so i thought: why not asking for help:)

so, if someone could post a description, idiot-like, step by step (video would be great - i couldn't find something similar on youtube) it will be highly appreciated.
unfortunately, this http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...idi-message-axe-fx-ii-using-daw-software.html was not so helpful as I thought...
many thanks in advance!

Good question. I'd also be really interested in learning how to control my Axe FX midi changes from a laptop. Our drummer runs a click track and samples on his laptop (using Reaper, I believe) in our shows. It would be great to use that to control my Axe FX, and just focus on my guitar. If someone could post a guide, it would be really cool. Thanks.

i figured it out eventually. i just turned on "midi through" and "usb adapter mode" in the I/O on the Axe, and then on Cubase create a Midi track, double click on it, and then on the left bottom of the options select "program change". Then, at the desired spots on the track, i just click and drag the number of the preset (as shown in the picture". it worked like a charm! cubase.jpgcubase1.JPGcubase2.jpgcubase3.jpgcubase4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom