Axe Fx Live Setup w/pwr amp & speaker cab

ianx

Experienced
I was just reading the wiki and saw this;

A more complicated approach would be to send the fully processed sound to the
mixing board but tap off before the cabinet simulation and send that to a guitar amp
or separate power amp and guitar cabinet. To do this you can use the auxiliary
outputs of your Axe-Fx. Simply place the Effects Loop block as the second to last
block in your signal chain and the Cabinet Simulator as the last block. The signal
appearing at the OUTPUT 2 jacks will be perfectly suitable for driving a guitar amp
whereas the signal at the OUTPUT 1 jacks will be perfect for sending to the P.A.
system.

My question is if I use this approach will I need to global bypass the pwr amp? or is there a way to split before the pwr amp?

I think it depends on what kind of amp you are using. If you are using something that has a tone that you really like and are depending on for you actual "amp tone" (ie, has your clean, rhythm and lead tones), then yes... bypass. But if you're using something that is designed as just a power amp like a carvin dcm, peavey classic 50/50, crest or other pa style amp, then you still want the axe fx power amp section active.

I'm using a VHT 2502 and 2 - 4x12 w celestion vintage 30. I would like to send a feed to FOH and Mons with the full patch including power amp settings from the ultra and send a seperate feed to my pwr amp/speakers.

Im using a peavey classic 60/60 power amp.
With the 5105 preset i run power amp and cab off and it sounds just like the 5150 sat next too it.
However all the high gain amp models all sound v similar with both bypassed.
Should i run mesa and marshall and soldano with power amp sim on will this make a difference?

Back
Top Bottom